Dallas Council approves arena plan
- Wichita Lines Up STARS for Amateur Sports Complex. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/11/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33646, p5
The article reports on the City Council in Wichita, Kansas' discussion regarding the sales tax and revenue (STAR) bonds worth 50 million dollars for the development of an amateur sports complex in the city.
- Sports centre closure delay to aid transfer bid. // Regeneration & Renewal;6/28/2010, p15
The article reports on the decision of the city council in Leeds, England, to postpone the planned closure of a sports centre pending a decision on transferring the facility to a community enterprise.
- Tacoma Dome Vote. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;7/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32180, p33
Reports that the Tacoma City Council this week has voted unanimously to put a general obligation bond issue to upgrade the Tacoma Dome in Washington. Worth of the bond issue.
- CALIFORNIA: New 49ers Home Considered. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/8/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32646, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Santa Clara City Council to add a proposal to ask voters their views on the creation of a special stadium authority and financing district to its meeting agenda on June 19, 2007 in California. City resident will be asked whether to subsidize a new $850...
- SAXTON FIELD--TOP OF THE SOUTH. // Australasian Parks & Leisure;Winter2009, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p24
The article features the 65 hectare sporting facility Saxton Field in Nelson, New Zealand. The facility is situated between Nelson city and the headquarters of the neighbouring Tasman District Council in Richmond. It relates the cooperation between Nelson City and Tasman District councils in...
- The stadium vote is in. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/30/2000, Issue 322688, p3
Focuses on the vote of City Council members in Fresno, California to approve the construction of a downtown stadium. San Francisco Giants baseball team's signing of a two-year player development contract with Fresno Grizzlies; Cost of the construction.
- Gays want share of community facilities. Germaine, David // Body Politic;Aug76, Issue 25, p6
Reports on the proposal of the Gays of Ottawa for the Ottawa City Council in Ontario, to provide lesbians and gay men with access to community-owned facilities. Absence of programs or events oriented to the specific needs of gay people; Proposal of the Gay of Ottawa that facilities of a...
- Media to City: Play Ball. deMause, Neil // Extra!;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p27
The article reports on the end of a civic battle over plans to build a combined NFL/Olympic stadium atop publicly owned rail yards on Manhattan's West Side. After a hard-fought lobbying campaign that saw more than $42 million spent on both sides, New York state assembly speaker Sheldon Silver...
- EDGBASTON CRICKET GROUND PLANS LODGED. // Planning (14672073);11/21/2008, Issue 1796, p3
The article reports that an outline planning application for the £30 million redevelopment of the Edgbaston international cricket ground has been lodged with Birmingham City Council in Birmingham, England. Subject to approval, work is expected to start next September and be complete by 2011.