Mergers and acquisitions have positive impact on hospitals
- Southeastern hospitality. Andorka Jr., Frank H. // Hotel & Motel Management;4/1/96, Vol. 211 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the hospitality industry in the Southern states in the United States. Construction patterns; Consolidation of old and modern properties; Predictions of continuous growth for the region. INSETS: Industry trends in the Southeast.;Forecast looks good for Orlando and Atlanta..
- Latest AHERF Settlement Worth $97M. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p1
Reports on an agreement between a U.S.-based hospital system known as Allegheny, Health, Education, and Research Foundation (AHERF) and its bondholders. Amounts to be received by bondholders under the agreement; Lawsuit filed by Unsecured Creditors Committee against the auditors of AHERF;...
- Southern States to Host Hospitality Suite. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;4/30/2012, p7
The article offers information on the Hospitality Suite by Southern States LLC to be held at the Peabody Orlando Hotel, in Orlando, Florida on May 8-9, 2012.
- Regional news: Southeast. // Modern Healthcare;5/20/96, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p52
Reports developments in the healthcare industry in Southeastern states. Facility restructuring at Shands Hospital, Gainesville, Florida; Settlement for people allegedly overcharged for cancer treatments proposed by Johnson City Medical Center, Tennessee;.
- Chicago's Mercy Hospital Defaults, Is Dropped to D. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31794, p32
Reports that Mercy Hospital has defaulted on a portion of a debt payment owed to bondholders in Chicago, Illinois. Rating of the hospital's outstanding debt; Operating losses incurred by the hospital; Impact of the default on the hospital's outstanding debt sold in 1992 and 1996 through the...
- The Soul of a Southern City. Cole, Jennifer V. // Southern Living;Jan2009, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p33
The article reports on the best neighborhoods for shopping in the Southern States, as chosen by "Southern Living" readers. The top neighborhoods are Buckhead in Atlanta, Georgia; King Street in Charleston, South Carolina and Magazine Street in New Orleans, Louisiana. The author says that there...
- Southern Classics. Cole, Jennifer V. // Southern Living;Jan2009, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p34
The article reports on the best hotels in the Southern States, as chosen by "Southern Living" readers. The top hotels are The Grove Park Inn Resort and Spa in Asheville in North Carolina, Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee and The Peabody in Memphis. The...
- AmeriSuites plans 1995 opening for three properties. // National Real Estate Investor;Aug95, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p14
Reports on Prime Hospitality Corp.'s planned opening of AmeriSuites properties sites in Atlanta, Georgia, Greensboro, North Carolina and Miami, Florida.
- SOUTH. // Modern Healthcare;3/8/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p17
This section offers news briefs on medical care in Southern U.S. as of March 8, 2010, including the strategic affiliation agreement between the Medical University of South Carolina and Georgetown Hospital System that would use a telecommunications system to increase specialty consultation...