Senate panel approves nominees to SEC posts
- SEC nominees lauded at Senate hearing. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/01/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30242, p6
Reports that Senate Banking Committee members had heaped praise on Paul Carey and Laura Unger, President Bill Clinton's nominees to become commissioners of the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), at a hearing held September 30, 1997. Indication that the Banking Committee will approve the...
- Senate panel hearings set for SEC nominees. // Bond Buyer;09/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30238, p4
Reports that the US Senate Banking Committee will hold a hearing on the nominations of Paul R. Carey and Laura S. Unger to serve as commissioners on the Securities and Exchange Commission. Career histories.
- HUNT FOR LIQUIDITY TOPS AGENDA IN U.S. // Securities Industry News;1/7/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p9
Presents an interview with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Commissioner Laura Unger on securities issues in the United States. Efforts of SEC in helping the market after the September 2001 terrorism; Role of technology in making execution functions; Changes in SEC leadership.
- Laura Unger Named Acting Chair of SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31076, p6
Announces the appointment of Laura Unger as acting chairwoman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Career background; Primary focus at the SEC.
- SEC Board Member Unger to Resign. Heller, Michele // American Banker;10/10/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 194, p16
Reports that United States Securities and Exchange Commissioner Laura Unger plans to resign from the agency to work in the private sector.
- SEC. Steel, Michael // National Journal;6/23/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p2047
Presents information on the officials and employees of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Harvey Pitt, chairman; Laura Unger, commissioner; Isaac Hunt Jr., commissioner.
- Unger's Departure Strains the SEC. Bresiger, Gregory // Traders Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 14 Issue 189, p12
Reports on the resignation of Laura Unger from the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Her contributions to the agency; Professional background; Selection of Denise Voigt Crawford to fill a vacant position at the SEC.
- Three contenders seen leading field to fill seat at SEC. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;07/09/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30183, p1
Looks at candidates for the seat of Steven Wallman at the United States Securities and Exchange Commission once he leaves the position in early September 1997. Includes Paul R. Carey, special assistant to President Bill Clinton for legislative affairs; Mozelle W. Thompson, Treasury's principal...
- Clinton nominates two to serve on SEC. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/19/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30234, p4
Reports that President Bill Clinton has nominated Paul R. Carey and Laura S. Unger to serve as commissioners on the five-member US Securities and Exchange Commission. Career histories.