High court stays clear of NASD harassment case, others
- Few business cases slated. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;09/27/99, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p2
Focuses on business-related cases that are slated for hearing for the United States Supreme Court's 1999-2000 term. Absence of high-profile cases; Alexis Geier vs. American Honda Motor Co., a case which involves federal pre-emption of state laws; Case involving the right of private parties to...
- Supreme Court rejects ruling on class-action certification. Greenwald, Judy // Pensions & Investments;6/13/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p25
The article presents information on the ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court in the Erica P. John Fund Inc. fka Archdiocese of Milwaukee Supporting Fund Inc. vs. Halliburton Co. et al. case.
- Noted and Filed. Young, Rowland L. // American Bar Association Journal;May77, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p687
Reports on several United States Supreme Court cases. Court's agreement to review the ruling of the District of Columbia Circuit to reproduce and sell the Nixon tapes to the public; Court's agreement o decide whether the Nuclear Regulatory Commission may grant licenses for the commercial use of...
- High Court to Hear Housing Case. Davidson, Kate // American Banker;11/8/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 172, p5
Brief information is given about the Gallagher v. Magner case in Minnesota which is based on the issue of discrimination under the Fair Housing Act and will be heard by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Supreme Court Denies Cert. in Two Cases. // Dispute Resolution Journal;May-Jul2010, Vol. 65 Issue 2/3, p6
The article reports on the refusal of the U.S. Supreme Court on petitions to review two arbitration cases including Zurich American Insurance Co. v. Pioneer Natural Resources USA, Inc. and R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. v. Montana.
- Religion & the Court. Gaffney, Jr., Edward McGlynn // Commonweal;11/05/99, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p10
Comments on the case Mitchell versus Helms which will be heard on December 1, 1999 by the United States Supreme Court. Facts on the case; Issue in contest on the case; Rulings of the lower courts on the case.
- Supreme Court Preview. Repa, Barbara Kate // ABA Journal;May86, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p82
Presents several United States Supreme Court cases, compiled for May 1, 1986. Death penalty cases of Poland v. Arizona and Skipper v. South Carolina; Child support case of Paulussen v. Herion; Mental disability law case of Smith v. Sielaff.
- Supreme Court Report. Stewart, David O. // ABA Journal;May86, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p84
Reports on several United States Supreme Court decisions, compiled for May 1, 1986. Lawyer's duty to prevent perjury over any obligation as an advocate in the case, Nix v. Whiteside; Two-part standard for a claim of ineffective assistance under the Sixth Amendment in the case, Strickland v....
- Parham v. J.R.: ï¿½Voluntaryï¿½ Commitment of Minors to Mental Institutions. Gold, Jay Alexander // American Journal of Law & Medicine;Spring80, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p125
Discusses the United States Supreme Court case 'Parham v. J.R.' Commitment of a minor to a mental institution.
- Supreme Court Report. Young, Rowland L. // American Bar Association Journal;Mar1976, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p362
Reports on developments related to United States Supreme Court cases as of March 1976. 'Buckley v. Valeo'; 'Laing v. United States'; 'Michelin Tire Corporation v. Wages.'