- Hearing set for Illinois tollway appeal. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;10/23/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30258, p36
Reports on the decision of Illinois' Supreme Court to hear a legal appeal made by the state Toll Highway Authority regarding its 1995 lawsuit hearing. Topics pointed out by the authority during its trial.
- Illinois motorists challenge high court, citing misinterpretation in tollway case. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;04/15/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30372, p43
Reports on the petition of three motorists who sued the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority, but lost in the state's Supreme Court last March 1998, to have their case reopened. Arguments presented by the motorists which centered on the misinterpretation of the constitution; facts and issues...
- Judge delays hearing on lawsuit vs. Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;10/09/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30248, p34
Reports on Circuit Court Judge Stephen Schiller's denial of a request to give class certification status to a 1995 lawsuit filed against the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Refusal to consolidate the lawsuit with a related case suing all tollway officials for illegal spending of toll...
- Cook County judge won't resurrect lawsuit against toll road agency. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/27/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30566, p36
Reports that Cook County, Illinois Judge Stephen A. Schiller has refused to reconsider his dismissal of a portion of a lawsuit filed by three Chicago-area motorists against the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Plaintiffs' lack of standing as taxpayers to contest the authority's expenditures.
- Judge delays decision on Illinois Toll Authority payments until October hearing. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;09/11/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30476, p6
Reports that Cook County Circuit Court Judge Stephen Schiller has delayed acting on a request to stop the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority from spending money or making debt service payments. Lawsuit filed by three Chicago suburban motorists; Argument of the plaintiffs about the...
- Illinois Tollway Issue Stays in Limbo as Suit Goes Back to Lower Court. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;09/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30481, p3
Reports on the status of a lawsuit against the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority that has stalled a $600 million bond issue. Schedule of hearings at the United States Court of Appeals of the case filed by environmentalists; Appellate court ruling on the decision of Judge Suzanne Conlon;...
- Plaintiffs in Illinois tollway case plan separate suit against board. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;08/07/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30204, p29
Announces the plan of plaintiffs in an ongoing lawsuit against the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority to file a separate suit against all authority board members and executives for illegally spending toll money. Impetus behind the addition suit; Favorable rulings won by the plaintiffs in...
- Tollway battle goes to Illinois' high court. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;07/07/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30181, p3
Reports that parties in the case against the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority have taken their battle to the state's highest court. Appeal filed by the authority with the Supreme Court; Resolution of cases of constitutional import; Network of toll roads sought by the agency.
- Suit against Illinois toll authority dismissed. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;11/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30519, p35
Reports on the dismissal of a case filed by three Chicago-area motorists against the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority that has interfered with a refunding issue. Suit's challenge to the agency on a separate set of constitutional points regarding its budget and ability to pay debt service;...