California bid to recoup stranded costs slammed by consumer coalition
- Virginia. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/21/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30214, p28
Announces that Virginia College Building Authority's pooled bond program is preparing to bring a $55 million negotiated bond deal to market late September 1997. Beneficiaries of the program; Creation of the pooled program by the General Assembly.
- California city acts as conduit for condo owners to buy land. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;12/17/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30790, p3
Reports that the Long Beach, California government has helped the Marina Pacifica Homeowners Association buy the land under its waterfront condominiums. Issuance of tax-exempt revenue bonds; Backing by an assessment fee for the condominium units; Lead underwriter for the deal.
- Florida court spikes dismissal plea in pool case. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/17/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30790, p5
Reports that a Florida court rejected a motion to dismiss a bond validation case filed by the Sunshine State Governmental Financing Commission. Clearance for the hearing of the case; Filing of a complaint to obtain court approval for a potential borrowing.
- Florida financing commission seeks to stretch debt cap with new issuance. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30501, p7
Reports on the plan by Florida's Sunshine State Governmental Financing Commission to expand its lending capacity. Remaining debt capacity; Provisions for borrowers under the existing program; List of members and borrowers.
- Georgia Municipal Association has complex COP deal that includes swap. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;06/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30424, p38
Reports that the Georgia Municipal Association has priced a $150.1 million, tax-exempt certificates of participation deal. Embedding of fixed-to-floating rate swap provided by the Morgan Guaranty Trust Co. of New York; Rationale of a swap to variable rates despite attractive fixed rates; Taking...
- Monday's Market: Municipals Finish Little Changed Ahead of the Week's Heavy Supply. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p2
Reports on the activities of the U.S. bond market on December 2, 2001. Impact of the increase in National Association of Purchasing Managers Index in November on the treasury bond prices; Comments by various traders on the status of the municipal bond markets; Indication of an increase in cash...
- MSRB's Proposed Rule G-28 Change Would Exempt Muni Fund Securities. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/23/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31538, p5
Reports on a proposed rule change filed by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that would exempt transactions and accounts involving municipal fund securities (MFS) from rule G-28. Introduction of a professional qualification test for...
- TBMA Blasts Proposed G-32 Changes as 'Unnecessary and Burdensome' Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p4
Reports on The Bond Market Association's (TBMA) criticism on the Municipalities Securities Rulemaking Board's proposed amendment to its Rule G-32 which would require underwriters in the U.S. to provide electronic and paper copies of officials statements. Argument of the TBMA that the proposed...
- NFMA Issues Draft Asking Airport Issuers to Provide More Disclosure. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p1
Reports on the National Federation of Municipal Analysts' issuance of a disclosure paper to asking that U.S. airport officials provide as much information as possible and sooner than they do now. Draft disclosure recommendations for issuers of airport deal; Recommendation that issuers of...