Mercy to offer $92 million in Michigan and Iowa
- Mercy Health gains award. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/16/97, Vol. 15 Issue 24, pB-7
Reports that Mercy Health Services Inc. was listed one of the Top 100 integrated systems for 1997 in `Hospitals and Health Networks' magazine.
- Mercy Health to move headquarters to Novi. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;04/20/98, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p3
Focuses on the relocation of Mercy Health Services Incorporated, Detroit, Michigan's largest hospital company, from Farmington Hills to Novi. Details on the company's headquarters; How Crain's Detroit Business ranked Mercy Health Services; Reference to re-zoning by the city of Novi.
- Mercy links Iowa sites. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/19/96, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p33
Reports on the establishment of Mercy Health Services Inc.'s medical care business in Iowa. Administrative and clinical information provided by the company for members in the state.
- Mercy looks for partnership to keep hospital open. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;12/13/99, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p3
Reports on the plan of Mercy Health Services Inc. to decide on the fate of Mercy Hospital in Detroit, Michigan by the end of 1999 in light of operating losses. Monthly operating losses of the hospital; Revenue of the hospital for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1999; Talks on selling or...
- Mercy may shut Detroit hospital. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;09/20/99, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p3
Reports that Mercy Health Services Inc. is considering closing Mercy Hospital in Detroit, Michigan, as one of several options to stem financial losses at the institution. Hospital's operating loss in its 1999 fiscal year; Sharing of services with other hospitals; Plan to transform Mercy into a...
- Mercy to cut 1,350 jobs. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;03/29/99, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p1
Reports on Farmington Hills, Michigan-based Mercy Health Services Inc.'s plan to cut 1,350 jobs in Michigan by June 30, 1999. Move as part of government reimbursement cuts; Two years delay on the plan to build a headquarters in Novi; Main goal for the move.
- Aides strike at Sisters of Mercy affiliate near Detroit. Wirpsa, Leslie // National Catholic Reporter;7/28/95, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p8
Reports on the strike of nursing home workers at the Mercy Health Services (MHS) which is supported by the Sisters of Mercy Regional Community of Detroit in Michigan. Demand for better wages and health benefits; Reaction from MHS officials.
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;May97, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p9
Reports on Mercy Health Services Inc.'s $745,000 network facilities management contracts with DAOU Systems Inc., which cover maintenance of hardware and software.
- Sky's the limit. Souhrada, Laura // Materials Management in Health Care;Jul98, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p24
Reports on two-hospital network Mercy Health Services North's rejection of traditional materials management in favor of resources management. Reorganization of the materials management department; Impact of the reorganization on supply costs; Shift in emphasis from tasks to processes and to...