Campaign finance push may slow ISTEA bill
- Untitled. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p51
Reports on the lack of consensus in the Congress regarding campaign finance reform legislation. Senate campaign bill proposals.
- NAB blasts campaign ad plan. KM // Broadcasting & Cable;5/10/93, Vol. 123 Issue 19, p14
Reports on the hostile reaction of the National Association of Broadcasters to President Bill Clinton's campaign finance reform package that opens up the airwaves to all candidates. Lower rates for radio and television airtime; Senate candidates' broadcast time rate; House candidates' free...
- Basic Current Law. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep88, Vol. 67 Issue 8/9, p197
Discusses the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 which established regulations on the financing of election campaigns and the amendment to the Act which created the Federal Election Commission.
- Evolution of Federal Election Campaign laws. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep88, Vol. 67 Issue 8/9, p196
Lists a number of laws enacted by Congress from 1867-1988 relative to financing Federal election campaigns.
- Existing Federal Campaign Finance Law. // Congressional Digest;Oct90, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p228
Presents excerpts of the Federal Election Campaign Act from a Federal Election Commission publication, `The FEC and the Federal Campaign Finance Law.' Grants; Matching payments; Filing requirements; Limits and prohibitions.
- Evolution of campaign reform legislation. // Congressional Digest;Mar1992, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p68
Traces the evolution of congressional campaign reform legislation from 1907 to 1986. The laws relate to financing of federal election campaigns.
- Many lives of election-finance reform. Goodrich, Lawrence J. // Christian Science Monitor;6/22/98, Vol. 90 Issue 144, p4
Details political infighting among United States House Republicans over the issue of campaign finance reform. Contents of the Shays-Meehan bill including provisions against soft money and third-party advocacy advertising; Competing bills; Amendments; Constitutionality of the advocacy section.
- Campaign reformers push cause in court. Richey, Warren // Christian Science Monitor;3/18/97, Vol. 89 Issue 77, p3
Reports on actions being taken by reformers in the United States to overturn the Buckley versus Valeo case of 1976. Content of the bill; Comments from Tom Miller, Iowa's Attorney General; Finance law considerations in Congress; Long shot of a constitutional amendment; Basis on which opposition...
- Court may let parties spend more on politics. Richey, Warren // Christian Science Monitor;2/27/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 64, p1
Focuses on the case Federal Election Commission vs. Colorado Federal Campaign Committee, and reports that the United States Supreme Court may shape campaign finance reform in the United States based on how the case is decided.