Sockwell quietly carries out his resignation
- Connie Lee seeks to cover general obligation bonds. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;11/22/93, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p58
Reports on Connie Lee Insurance Corp.'s plan to expand its financial guarantee business. Competitors' criticism of the move; Merits of the Higher Education Act of 1992 to the company's plan; Speculation on plan to insure general obligation bonds for municipalities; Connie Lee executives'...
- Connie Lee discussing sale to `highly rated' company. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;10/13/97, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p2
Reports that Connie Lee Insurance Company, a financial guarantee insurer, is in exclusive negotiations for a possible sale to a `highly rated insurance company.' Speculations of whom the possible candidates are; When the negotiations are expected to be completed; Information on Connie Lee;...
- Ambac acquires Connie Lee. // Business Insurance;10/27/97, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p78
Focuses on the plans for the acquisition of Connie Lee Insurance Company by Ambac Assurance Corporation. What the acquisition would entail; Specializations of the companies; Views of management personnel on the transaction.
- Standard & poor's affirms claims-paying rating on Ambac, Connie Lee. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/26/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30299, p28
Reports that Standard and Poor's affirmed its AAA claims-paying ability ratings on Connie Lee Insurance Company and Ambac Assurance Corporation. Reason for the affirmation; Terms of the reinsurance agreement between Ambac and Connie Lee; Value of the purchase.
- Ambac's ratings stable despite greater exposure from Connie Lee acquisition. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30259, p3
Discusses the impact of Ambac Assurance Corp.'s stated intention to buy Connie Lee Insurance Co. on the bond market in the United States. Standard & Poor's affirmation of Connie Lee's AAA rating; Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Investors Service's issuance of releases saying that the...
- Put Ambac and Connie Lee together, and what do you get? Nobody's sure. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/28/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30261, p9
Focuses on the merger between Connie Lee Insurance Co. and Ambac Assurance Corp. Terms of the agreement; Impact of the deal on the insurance market in the United States; Significance of the merger to both companies.
- Connie Lee gets AAA rating from Fitch. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;01/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30307, p31
Reports on Fitch IBCA Inc.'s issuance of an AAA rating to Connie Lee Insurance Co.'s claims-paying ability following its sale to Ambac Assurance Corp. Privatization of Connie Lee which was created in 1987 by an act of the US Congress; Doubts about Connie Lee's ability to survive as an...
- Ambac Expects Connie Lee to Start Writing Business in Oct. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/7/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32435, p7
The article reports on the recapitalization plan of Ambac Financial Group Inc. for its municipal-only bond insurer Connie Lee Insurance Inc. that has been well received in the U.S. market. Through this financial plan, Ambac expects that the insurer will begin writing new business as early as...
- Good News For CIFG, Connie Lee. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;9/3/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32953, p1
The article reports on the move of the U.S. regulators to grant CIFG reprieve and approved Ambac Financial Group Inc. to reactivate insurance subsidiary Connie Lee Insurance Co. CIFG believes that the financial guaranty subsidiaries have reached agreements to exchange about $12 billion in...