Dodd-Gramm bill due; GFOA seeks D'Amato's opposition
- Dodd bill wending its way through committee process. Duby, Christopher // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the progress gained by Senator Christopher Dodd's Private Securities Litigation Act. Curtailment of frivolous attorney-driven lawsuits in private securities litigation; Establishment of a guardian for each suit; Popularity of the bill.
- Sen. Chris Dodd unveils measure aimed at freezing credit card interest rates. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;10/27/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 125, p12
The article focuses on the introduction of a legislation by U.S. Senate Banking Committee Chairman Chris Dodd that would freeze credit card rates in 2009 in the country.
- Shadow Bailouts. WILLIAMSON, KEVIN D. // National Review;5/17/2010, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p18
The article presents discussion regarding the U.S. government policy on economic bailouts to financial institutions. Criticism is offered towards the continued policy of bailouts and a lack of consequences for failed bankers in 2010. Additional commentary is provided noting the district court...
- Obama Backs Dodd's Bond Bank Bill. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/21/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32820, p6
The article reports on the endorsement made by Senator Barack Obama on the bond bank bill proposed by Senator Chris Dodd in the U.S. The primary goal of the proposed bill is to establish a national infrastructure bank that puts up more than $60 million taxable credit bonds to finance government...
- Dodd Bill Would Bring Munis to Forefront. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/16/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33282, p1
The article focuses on the impact of Senator Christopher Dodd's financial regulatory reform bill on the municipal securities office of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). It notes that the bill requires the head of the office to report directly to the chairman. Dodd points out...
- Trust Us! Really! // National Review;7/19/2010, Vol. 62 Issue 13, p15
The article reports on the legislative efforts of U.S. House Financial Services Committee chairman Barney Frank and Senate Banking Committee chairman Chris Dodd to pass a financial regulation bill in July 2010.
- Dodd's Bill Would Hurt Venture Investing. Joseph, Jeff // Investment Advisor;May2010, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p28
The article focuses on the possible adverse effect of the restoring American Financial Stability Act of 2010, which was proposed by Senator Chris Dodd, to investment transactions in the U.S. According to the author, the said law can possibly render negative effect to investment due to the...
- The great reformation. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/5/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 27, p1
The article reports that U.S. Senator Chris Dodd made a move for a compromise reformation of the financial services industry under a bill that provides significant impact on insurers, lenders, and hedge funds in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
- No Will on Hill to Kill Ex-Im Bank. // Human Events;6/25/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 24, p4
Presents the views of the members of the United States House and Senate on the use of Export-Import Bank's money to subsidize Boeing sales. Representative Chris Cannon (R-Utah); Senator Christopher Dodd (D-Conn.); Senator Phil Gramm (R-Tex.); Senator Judd Gregg (R.-N.H.).