Judge used Raabe sentence to send `message' on public trust
- Raabe tells court he's sorry as sentencing draws near. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;10/06/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30245, p6
Reports on the sentencing of Matthew Raabe, a former assistant treasurer in Orange County, California, for convictions on five felony charges. Raabe's possible prison sentence; Raabe's role in the county's municipal bankruptcy; Details of the case.
- Calif. convicts ex-assistant treasurer. // Waste News;05/19/97, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p6
Reports that Matthew Raabe, former assistant treasurer for Orange County, California, was convicted of five criminal counts of the misappropriation of government funds. Sentence Raabe could face; Circumstances surrounding Raabe's conviction.
- Prosecutors urge 8-year jail term for Raabe's Orange County crimes. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;09/26/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30239, p32
Focuses on the effort of prosecutors in Los Angeles, California to file a court brief recommending a stiff penalty for Matthew Raabe, a former assistant treasurer in Orange County, California. Background of Raabe's case; Opposition of Raabe's lawyers on the proposal.
- Raabe's plea to serve his sentence in work furlough program fails. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;02/03/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30323, p32
Reports that former Orange County, California assistant treasurer Matthew Raabe has failed to obtain a judge's permission to serve his three-year sentence at a state restitution center. Application to participate in a work furlough program run by the state Department of Corrections; Judge's...
- Commission to propose changes to municipal bankruptcy law. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p5
Reports that the National Bankruptcy Review Commission plans to propose changes to the municipal bankruptcy law. Proposals which stem from concerns after Orange County, California filed for bankruptcy in 1994; Reaction of James Spiotto, a partner at Chapman and Cutler, to the proposals; List of...
- Bankruptcies. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/10/97, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p31
Presents information on petitions that were filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court in the Eastern District of Louisiana during February 1997.
- Detroit Bankruptcy Plan to be Filed Friday, Reports Say. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/21/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F308, p1
The article informs that Detroit, Michigan is looking to file a bankrupt city plan in federal bankruptcy court, to treat its general obligation bonds as unsecured as of February 21, 2014.
- Distorted reality. Howell, Shea // Michigan Citizen;7/20/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 37, pA1
The article focuses on the impact of municipal bankruptcy of Detroit, Michigan, on the life of Detroit's people as of July 2014 such as generous tax breaks, pension obligations and water shutoffs.
- ALABAMA: JeffCo Committee Urged. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/17/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33716, p7
The article reports on the recommendation of the case administrator in the municipal bankruptcy case in Jefferson County, Alabama which stresses the appointment of an unsecured creditors committee.