Columbus: Strong on category management, promotions
- KROGER. Neff, Jack // Advertising Age;11/17/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 43, pS-10
The article discusses Kroger, a supermarket chain and an organization chosen by the magazine as one of the top 50 brands of the year for 2008. A number of issues arising from Kroger are examined including its success in a difficult retail market, the importance Kroger places on customer...
- Kroger Co.: Price check. Hackney, Holt // FW;6/7/94, Vol. 163 Issue 12, p18
Presents Kroger Co.'s strategy in maintaining competitive valuation. Lowering of margins in congested areas; Pricing and sales performance; Innovations in scanning technology; Reduction of interest expenses.
- Old work, new approach. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Dec94, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p73
Focuses on the category management programs at Kroger and Schnuck Markets. Category managers' responsibility; Manufacturers' knowledge about national and regional trends; Procter & Gamble's definition of category management.
- Spar adds Eurobrands. // Advertising Age's Euromarketing;11/05/96, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p2
Reports that Spar, a Dutch supermarket chain, will introduce a number of own-label brands its stores from fellow Spar organizations across Europe. What products will be imported by the supermarket chain.
- Selling the Gospel in a mega-store package. Spaid, Elizabeth Levit // Christian Science Monitor;8/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 187, p1
Details on the first Christian supermarket that is to open in Birmingham, Alabama, in September 1995. Features of the supermarket; Views of various individuals on the project.
- Supermarkets. // Chain Store Age;Oct95, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p18
Presents supermarket news items for the month of October 1995. Includes Raley's Supermarkets' construction of new units in Reno, Nevada; Ralph's plan to complete six new stores by the end of 1995; Circle K's hostile bid for National Convenience Stores.
- Supermarkets. // Chain Store Age;Dec95 Section 1, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p24
Reports on developments related to supermarkets in the United States, as of December 1995. Includes Diamond Shamrock's merger with National Convenience Stores; Kroger's plans to build a store in South Carolina; Whole Foods Market's store openings.
- Labor scheduling gains in supermarket industry. Fox, Bruce // Chain Store Age;Dec95 Section 1, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p105
Features various supermarket chains using labor scheduling systems in the United States. Includes Great Falls, Montana-based Buttery Food & Drug; Oakland, California-based Safeway Stores; Windsor Locks, Connecticut-based Edwards Super Food Stores.
- Produce takes center stage at Vic's. Wilson, Marriane // Chain Store Age;Dec95 Section 1, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p144
Features Vic's World Class Market, a supermarket with European town square concept in Novi, Michigan. Design and architecture; Supermarket operator; Specialty departments; Graphics and signage.