- CEO's warning siren shakes faith in UAL. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;10/22/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p1
Reports the effects of in-house warning to United Airlines Inc. employees in Chicago, Illinois. Implementation of cost reducing measures; Round of wage and work rule concessions for employees; Damage done by the letter to the confidence of passengers.
- Classroom rolls into town to train United employees. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;01/13/97, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p7
Focuses on United Airlines' Mobile Training Center (MTC) in Tucson, Arizona. Trainees; Facilities at the MTC; Purpose of having MTC.
- The price of peace at United. Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p4
Presents information on the labor pact agreed upon by the workers of United Airlines and the management, focusing on how it will affect the company's operation when the airline industry declines. Details on provisions granted to the pilots of the company by management; Fears of industry...
- UAL Corp. Dwyer, Ann // Crain's Chicago Business;12/02/96, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p50
Reports that the Elk Grove Township-based parent of United Airlines agreed to a mid-term wage increase for members of the Air Line Pilots Association. Details on the agreement; Flights offered by the airline commencing in May, 1997.
- Pilots' vote to test new work ethic at United. Ott, James // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/4/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 10, p28
Reports on the shortage of pilots at United Airlines. Negotiations with the Master Executive Council of United's Air Line Pilots Association regarding pay rates; United Airlines' proposed buyback of half of the pilots' vacation days to close the flight-hour gap; Use of Employee Stock Ownership...
- United pilots accept plan. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/18/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 12, p33
Informs about the endorsement of a management proposal on gaining of extra flight time by the pilots at United Airlines.
- United expands training center. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/15/1998, Vol. 148 Issue 24, p45
Reports on the expansion of United Airlines Denver, Colorado-based Flight Center. Reasons for the expansion; Simulators added; Types of pilot training the center can accommodate.
- United shareholders OK employee buyout, carrier to launch `United Shuttle' Oct. 1. Burke, Jack // Traffic World;7/18/94, Vol. 239 Issue 3, p29
Reports on the United Airlines Corp.'s approval of a recapitalization plan. Provisions under the plan; Opinion of former United chairman Stephen M. Wolf on plan; Objections to the employee ownership plan; Employees who will acquire the majority stake in the airline; Scheduled date of launching...
- Enterprise. Hage, David // U.S. News & World Report;7/25/94, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p8
Reports that stockholders of United Airlines approved a deal that gives employees 55% of UAL Corp., to be paid off in wage and work-rule concessions. Gives details of the agreement. Also discusses how R. H. Macy & Co. has emerged from its two-year bankruptcy struggle and acceded to a merger...