It's ok to focus on heart and soul
- Maximizing Employee Performance. Dawson, Kenneth; Dawson, Sheryl // Management Review;Apr89, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p39
Recommends ways for handling talented and valued employees who are not performing effectively. Development of programs designed to save valuable employees with performance problems; Concept of employee inplacement; Development of staff potential; Procedures for inplacement; Benefits of...
- After the Downsizing. Rice, Dan; Dreilinger, Craig // Training & Development;May91, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p41
Offers advice on how to manage retained employees after a corporate downsizing. Employees' reaction to workforce reduction; Need to ensure job security; Importance of communication; Need to improve employees' recommitment.
- Sustaining high performance in bad times. Bassi, Laurie J.; Van Buren, Mark E. // Training & Development;Jun97, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p32
Examines the relationship between high-performance work systems and downsizing. Results of the 1996 ASTD Human Resource and Performance Management Survey; How organizations can downsize and still experience improved performance; Downsizing tactics used by the surveyed companies. INSETS: Survey...
- Power and influence of the human resources function through boundary spanning and information management. Russ, Gail S.; Galang, Maria Carmen; Ferris, Gerald R. // Human Resource Management Review;Summer98, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p125
Examines human resource management (HRM) from the perspective of organizational communication in the United States. Explanation for the growing influence of HRM on organizations; Proposal for an evolutionary model on information management; Stages reflected in communication patterns depicting...
- Leaner NFU moves out to Warwickshire. Farrant, John // Poultry World;Aug2003, Vol. 157 Issue 8, p3
Focuses on the decision of the British National Farmers' Union to move its headquarters out of London and make changes to its committee and staffing structures as of August 2003. Estimated savings for the next financial year; Organization changes.
- If Martians banned downsizing. Fukuyama, Francis // Across the Board;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p15
Presents a case wherein American companies are forced to consider other alternatives to company downsizing. Anticipated changes if laying off of workers is not allowed; Demand by employers for greater flexibility in work rules and conditions; Strong incentive for companies to train their...
- Help! I Shrunk the Company! Kuczynski, Sherry // HR Magazine;Jun99, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p40
Deals with the downsizing of employees in companies. Involvement of the human resources department for successful downsizing; Downsizing process of AT&T Corp. and the General Electric Co.; Factors to consider in planning a downsizing.
- How to: keep hold of your staff. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/17/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4645, p46
The article offers suggestions on how one can keep a hold on the staff which includes by communicating, by promoting the greatness of the company and by supporting the employees when needed.
- Managing the downsizing process successfully. Garver, Louise // BusinessWest;Feb99, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p23
Outlines a process of implementing and managing corporate downsizing and organizational restructuring. Need for a thorough assessment of business condition prior to the downsizing; Creation of a transition team representing key organizational units; Primary reasons for corporate downsizing;...