No one way to build HR
- Basically, they flunked. // Fairfield County Business Journal;06/04/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the failure of several job applicants to get satisfactory results in basic workplace skills tests administered by the American Management Association.
- Major players in the transformation. De Van Lee, Holly // Management Review;Jun97, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p5
Addresses the members of American Management Association that personnel has become Human Resources and Human Resources is becoming a business partner. What HR professionals, like others are expected to do; Author's view on the strategies and action plans of the AMA.
- View form the top...AMA President Horton reports to members. Horton, Thomas R. // Management Review;Jul83, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p29
Presents the author's insights on the problems faced by members of the American Management Association (AMA). Involvement of participative membership and decisive short-term tactics and strategies; Anticipation of strong member support in training activities and other operations.
- Western Shares Secret to Employee Success. Callahan, Jim // Pest Control;Nov2001, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p28
Focuses the contribution of a screening program to improve corporate performance of Western Exterminator Co. in California. Choice of InfoLink Screening Services Inc to evaluate potential employees; Procedures in the implementation of the program; Relationship between the two companies...
- Transforming human resources around the world. Bennett, Linda; Genevieve, Jennifer; Condodina, Jen; Ettorre, Barbara; Wah, Louisa; Johnson, Mike; Saggese, Alejandra; Cousins, Kye // Management Review;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p48
Highlights the conferences for human resource professionals sponsored by the American Management Association in 1998. Characteristics of of the economy in the United States; Human resource professionals role in European business; Measuring professional development in Latin America; Intellectual...
- Leader Communication Could Be Better. Hastings, Rebecca // HR Magazine;Oct2012, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p20
The article reports on a study conducted by the American Management Association (AMA) which analyzed leadership communications with employees and suggests improvements including social media engagement on a website like LinkedIn or Facebook and communicating with employees efficiently.
- Job seekers' basic skills score low. // Corporate University Review;May/Jun99, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the percentage of job applicants in the United States who lack the basic reading and math skills they need to do the jobs they are seeking. Findings of a survey of personnel executives conducted by the American Management Association; Comments from Eric Rolfe Greenberg; director of...
- Human resources: Managing human capital for the future. Ettore, Barbara; McNerney, Donald J. // Management Review;Jun95, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p56
Reports on the highlights and important points raised during the American Management Association's 66th annual Human Resources Conference & Exposition, April 1995. Key speakers; Topics; Panelists; Recommendations; Conclusions of various groups during sessions; Challenge for human resources...
- Riding the new HR wave. Ettore, Barbara; McNerney, Donald J. // Management Review;Jun96, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p43
Reports on the American Management Association's 1996 Human Resources Conference and Exposition. Venue and schedule of the event; Topics discussed in the conference; Partial list of participants. INSET: Thoughts from chairman Frank..