HR is the heart of the business
- Benchmark with the best. Bennet, Rita; O'Gorman, Heidi // HRMagazine;Apr98 Supplement Focus, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p19
Focuses on a survey jointly conducted by Arthur Andersen and Cendant Intercultural, and The Bennett Group, on what constitutes ideal policy and practices in personnel management. Information on international assignment management (IAM) programs; Conclusion which can be drawn on international...
- Off the cuff. // Personnel Journal;Aug96, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p15
Presents poll surveys on personnel management. Conflict between personal ethics and decisions made by managers for the company; Impact of the sandwich generation on human resources professionals; Loafing on the job.
- Survey. // Workforce;Aug97, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p17
Presents a survey on personnel management. How companies view cross-cultural sensitivity; Survey questions on how the baby boomers will impact the future's workplace if they may not retire at age 65.
- Building workers with attitude--your attitude. Smith, Anna // Management;Jun95, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p122
Reports on the results of several surveys in New Zealand focusing on personnel management. Wide gap between what people thought personnel management should be and what it really was; Function of specialist personnel; Importance of communication in personnel management.
- HUMAN RESOURCES PROS FOCUS ON WORKER EFFICIENCY. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug98, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the focus of hospital human resource executives on improving employee efficiency and productivity according to a survey in the United States. Survivor syndrome; Employee recruitment and retention methods.
- Paths to the Top. // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p38
Reports on the findings of a survey on human resource executives in large companies in the United States. Increase in the number of executives without human resource background; Corporate departments from which human resource executives come from.
- Boiling over. Carson, John H. // Industry Week/IW;2/6/95, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p22
Presents the result of the survey conducted by the `Industry Week' periodical about human resources management in corporate organizations. Frustrations about the job; Attitudes of executives and staff; Criticisms against company policies or practices; Evaluation of the business climate.
- Talkin' but not walkin'. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Apr95, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p7
Reports on a Towers Perrin survey which shows that most executives in the United States rank people-related issues such as training and compensation, far below other business priorities.
- BACKCHAT. // Lawyer;3/3/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p8
The article presents opinions from various readers in Great Britain. A reader expresses his concern on employees who are preferring to stay up late even if there is no work for them to do. Another reader suggests that by cutting an employee's desire for working late is a good motivation. Another...