Here you go again: Selling your value to the new CEO
- Will automation redefine the role of personnel managers? Richards-Carpenter, Colin // People Management;3/9/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p51
Predicts changes on the role of the human resource professionals. Reason why the personnel function came into being; Impact of the union power and influence increase to organization's industrial relations; Characteristics of the system needed by personnel people.
- Optimas winners toast HR's triumphs. Frazee, Valerie // Workforce (10928332);Jan1997, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p129
Shares the revelation of human resources leaders on what makes them most proud of their profession. Greatest satisfaction on human resources management according to Barbara Beck; Comment of Tharon Green on the image of the public sector HR professional; Pedro Granadillo on the roles of HR...
- New qualifications for HR. // HR Magazine;Nov96, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p67
Discusses how the role of human resource (HR) professionals are being reclassified. Role of HR in companies; How HR professionals keep up with the pressures in work.
- Job's a good 'un. Sparkes, Jon // People Management;10/11/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p44
Describes the responsibilities of a human resource (HR) director. Significant role of the HR director; How the HR directors are able to build consistency into the way human issues are handled; Role of the HR director for an organization.
- An analysis of job duties performed by supported employment program managers. Brooke, Valerie; Sale, Paul // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Sept90, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p53
Studies the daily job functions of supported employment program managers in the state of Virginia. Percentage of time spent for performing functions of management including planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling; Implications for the design of in-service and continuing...
- Teaming up for success. Sunoo, Brenda Paik; Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Mar96, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p25
Focuses on the collaboration between human resource managers and administrative professionals of companies in the United States in a survey conducted by the Office Team. Work responsibilities; Percentage of managers' relying on administrative support in planning for company policies and...
- Articles. Swiercz, Paul M. // Human Resource Planning;2000, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p9
Features articles published in the volume 23.4, year 2000 issue of the 'Human Resource Planning' (HRP) journal. Trends in the changing role of the human resource (HR) leader; 'Beyond the Vision: What Makes HR Effective?' by Edward Lawler and Susan Mohrman; 'Taking Charge of Change in a Volatile...
- Two-way road to success. Dreyer, R. // Supervision;Nov92, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p25
Focuses on the important role played by personnel managers in the training and promotion of employees based on the story of Flager Pharmaceuticals Corporation. Reason why the owner of the company talk to his personnel managers; Flager employees that have potential for advancement; Reason why...
- Why HR can't win today. Laabs, Jennifer // Workforce (10928332);May98, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p62
Focuses on the dichotomy of roles played by human resource professionals. Follower and leader; Reactive and proactive management; Human resource managers as employee advocate and manager. INSETS: Being the conscience and a businessperson;Being an employee advocate and a manager;Who's HR's...