Its time to update your immigration policies
- Crackdown on illegal workers. // Independent Retail News;11/11/2016, p12
The article offers information on the impact of the new Immigration Act on retailers and on illegal workers in Great Britain, and mentions the association between illegal working and licensing.
- Re: Immigration. Krikorian, Mark // National Review;5/23/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p33
Offers recommendations for the formation immigration policy by candidates in the 2008 U.S. presidential elections. Profile of the views of Hillary Rodham Clinton; Call for a candidate with a commitment to the enforcement of immigration laws; View that amnesty policies should be eliminated;...
- Kansas Seeks Waiver for Undocumented Workers to Solve Farm Crisis. // Beef Expert Blog;1/31/2012, p5
The article focuses on the move by Kansas Agriculture Secretary Dale Rodman to seek a federal waiver that would allow Kansas dairies and feedlots desperate for workers to hire undocumented immigrants.
- The invisible workers. Bowley, Graham // New Statesman;12/16/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4618, p51
Focuses on the employment of illegal immigrants in England as of December 2002. Labor conditions of such immigrants; Countries that experience the same labor conditions; Information on the illegal activities participated by immigrants.
- Skanska on to illegals. // Contract Journal;6/12/2002, Vol. 413 Issue 6381, p1
Deals with the Stratford Box contract of Skanska for Section 2 of the Channel Tunnel Rail Link which have come under scrutiny after reports of illegal immigrants working on the project. Information on the reports about illegal immigrants working on the project; Response of Skanska to the issue.
- The top 10 rules for employers. // Carolina Virginia Farmer;Jan2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p13
The article lists rules for employers in the U.S. which include avoiding the hiring of unauthorized alien, enrolling in the E-Verify program and terminating illegal aliens.
- The Future of Farm Workers. // America;8/2/2010, Vol. 203 Issue 3, p4
In this article, the author discusses the efforts of the United Farm Workers (U.F.W.) to help provide jobs for undocumented immigrants such as the launched of its web site takeourjobs.org and the drafting of the Agricultural Job Opportunities, Benefits and Security bill.
- Ukrainians in Poland: In pursuit of a better life? FOMINA, JOANNA // New Eastern Europe;Jan/Feb2016, Issue 1, p123
The article focuses on the labor migration of Ukrainians in Poland and the issues and problems faced by Ukrainian migrant workers such as unregistered or undocumented employment, abuse and mistreatment, and visa regime.
- Restaurant owner banned over staff. // Eastern Eye;2/26/2016, Issue 1342, p10
The article reports that Harcharan Singh Sekhon, owner of the Bombay Blues restaurant in Glasgow, Scotland who employed four illegal immigrants at his eatery was ordered by the British Insolvency Service not to manage or control a company for six years from February 19, 2016 until 2022.
- THE PEOPLE TRADE. McGuire, Stryker; Brownell, Ginanne; Cirjakovic, Zoran; Di Battista, Cristina; Dickey, Christopher; Endt, Friso; Guckenberger, Kitty; Kang, Stella; Liu, Melinda; MacLeod, Calum; Meyer, Mahlon; Nadeau, Barbie; Nordland, Rod; Power, Carla; Theil, Stefan; Underhill, William // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);07/03/2000 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 136 Issue 1, p16
Addresses the issue of human smuggling, particularly Chinese immigrants to England following an incident in Dover, England. Need of European businesses of foreign labor; How politicians are caught in between wanting the best for their country's businesses but also wanting to please citizens who...