Don't make Texaco's $175 million mistake
- Risk management lessons from the Texaco case. Lawrence, Carolyn // Las Vegas Business Press;11/18/96, Vol. 13 Issue 46, p34
No abstract available.
- Just to avoid any misperceptions. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/16/96, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p10
Opinion. Responds to comments on the author's article discussing a discrimination case involving Texaco Inc. Opinions about bigotry; Call to punish those who commit bigotry in the workplace.
- Black employees charge Texaco with racial bias. // Jet;1/9/95, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the class-action lawsuit filed by six Black employees against Texaco on charges of discriminatory practices. Inequitable wages; Texaco's denial of allegations.
- Texaco settlement recipients invest payoffs. // Jet;11/24/97, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p16
Looks at how some plaintiffs in a 1996 discrimination suit against Texaco Inc. are spending their settlement payments. How most reported they were investing the money into mutual funds; Comments from payoff recipients Beatrice Hester, Bari-Ellen Roberts, Paulette Grant and Michael Hayles; How...
- Texaco opts to do the right thing. Schatzman, Dennis // Orange County Business Journal;11/18/96, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p39
Opinion. Argues about a race discrimination lawsuit filed by African American employees at the company Texaco. Who called for a boycott of all Texaco gas stations; Impact of a boycott on the company; Texaco's reaction; Settlement Texaco and the employees came to.
- Playing the corporate race card. Smith, Eric L. // Black Enterprise;Jan1997, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p19
Presents updates in the class action suit brought against Texaco Inc. for its race discrimination practices as of January 1997. Details and background of the case; Evidence against officials' use of racial slurs to refer to Afro-American employees; Impact on the advancement of Afro-American...
- Texaco employee outraged by top officials' racial slurs. Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p5
Details a discrimination suit filed by six Afro-Americans against Texaco Inc. for alleged denial of promotions to minorities. Tape of racial slurs used by Texaco officials at a meeting as evidence; Personal experience of plaintiff Bari-Ellen Roberts with the company.
- Texaco's high-octane racism problems. White, Jack E. // Time;11/25/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 24, p33
Opinion. Discusses the boycott of Texaco that is being encouraged and organized by Jesse Jackson and other black leaders in November 1996. Tapes on which Texaco executives are heard making racist remarks; Texaco's settlement of a discrimination suit with 1,400 employees; Details of the...
- NO MORE CRUDE AT TEXACO. Labich, Kenneth // Fortune;9/6/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p205
Focuses on diversity at Texaco in the wake of the company's November 1996 settlement of a racial discrimination suit by African-American employees. Examples of institutional racism that led to the suit; Statistical evidence of transformation as of August 1999; Chief Executive Officer Peter...