Relocating caregivers--Handle with care
- Respecting the Elders. Frase-Blunt, Martha // HR Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p89
Discusses the impact of relocating employees to another city on elder care responsibilities. Comments from executives; Increase in the number of companies that provide elder care assistance for relocating employees; Emergence of specialty elder care relocation services. INSET: Elder Care...
- Retirees health benefits getting squeezed. // AHA News;10/06/97, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p5
Reports on the results of a study indicating harder access to employer-sponsored health benefits for retirees and the decline in the scope of benefits from large companies.
- Need for elder care programs grows. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;6/25/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p10
Highlights the results of a survey concerning employer-supported elder care programs in the United States. Increase in the need for elder care programs in the country; Percent of employers offering elder care programs in 2000; Annual cost of lost productivity due to lack of elder care programs...
- Facts on working women. // Women's International Network News;Winter99, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p72
Focuses on the guide `Work and Elder: Facts for Caregivers and their Employers.' Contents of the guide.
- Elder Care Takes America By Storm. Gerbman, Russell V. // HR Magazine;May2000, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p50
Discusses the impact of caring for elderly relatives on the work performance of employees in the United States. Financial hardships experienced by employees caring for elder relatives; Assistance and understanding needed by caregivers from their employers. INSET: The Early Effects of the Storm.
- Just Ahead: Elder Care. Patel, Dave // HR Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p168
Discusses the emergence of workplace issue of elder care. Difference between child care and elder care; Impact that elder care responsibilities have on employees; Elder care benefits for employees.
- Elder-Care Issues Shake the Workplace. Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Workforce (10928332);Oct99, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p58
Focuses on the services and programs that human resource departments can offer to help employees with elder-care problems. Effects of elder-care on employee productivity; Different elder-care needs; Manager support for elder-care issues; Communication of available elder-care assistance to...
- Connecting to Long-Distance Elder Care. Garnitz, Rick // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Apr2006, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p16
The article presents information on long-distance elder care in the U.S. and provides suggestions and tips on how to prepare for it. Five million U.S. are dealing with long-distance elder-care responsibilities. Assessing the needs of an aging relative, locating local resources and financial...
- Rethinking the retirement community. Bonvissuto, Kimberly // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p15
The article focuses on issues concerning senior living in the U.S. Dorsky Hodgson is a national architecture, planning, interiors and environmental graphics firm with offices in Cleveland, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Washington, D.C. One of its market-specific design studios focuses on senior...