When training doesn't translate
- Beau Rivage: The Power of People. Rathey, Allen // Executive Housekeeping Today;Oct2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the continuous investment in motivating and training the housekeeping staff of the Beau Rivage Resort and Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi. Direction provided by Director of Housekeeping Alice El-Hamaki and Vice-President of Hotel Operations Rick Holliday. People culture conveyed in...
- HR helps the Mirage thrive in crowded Vegas. // Personnel Journal;Jan95, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p72
Focuses on the human resource management strategies of Mirage Resorts Incorporated. Selection as recipient of `Personnel Journal' magazine's 1995 Optimas Awards; Selection process for employees; Commitment to training programs; Benefits of the company's selective recruiting process.
- Appendix II: Organisation and people strategy at Champneys Health Farm. // How to Turn Your HR Strategy into Reality;9/1/1999, p73
The article presents an appendix on the organization and human resource strategy of Champneys Health Farm, an exclusive rural retreat at Tring in Hertfordshire, England.
- Slam dunk, landscape style. Stahl, Jason // Landscape Management;Nov2000, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p9
Focuses on the personnel management strategy of landscape managers at Quail Hollow Country Club. How they motivate employees; Approach in dealing with pressure; Importance of employee appreciation.
- FALL INTO INCENTIVE PROGRAMS! Ungerleider, Devorah // Spa Management;Sep2004, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p66
Focuses on the importance of an incentive program within the salon and spa industry. Purpose and benefits of an incentive program; Details on the case of Malin's Salon and Spa of San Diego, California, a business with a successful incentive program; Tips for implementing an incentive program.
- M Resort off to good start. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/30/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 13, pP26
The article praises the newly opened M Resort in Henderson, Nevada. It discusses the continued strong patronage of the property miles from the Las Vegas Strip. It explains the approach of owner Anthony Marnell III to managing the resort's staff. It highlights a description of the architectural...
- How to Fold a Napkin the Same Way Everywhere. Carlisle, Kenneth A.; Murphy, Shelia; Tripodi, Cosimo // Training & Development Journal;Jan1986, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p65
Describes the standardized on-the-job training program of the hotel chain Ramada Inc. Management's support of the training program; Development of training aids; Adding of visual media.
- Let the Golden Rule Be Your Guide. Kalman, Israel "Izzy" C. // Skin, Inc.;Apr2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p38
The article offers guidelines in developing personnel management policies that abide with the Golden Rule in the spa industry in the U.S. It emphasizes the significance of treating employees as friends with boundaries. It outlines the impact of anger on the relationships among employees. It...
- Team Building. O'Keeffe, Vivienne // Spa Management;Jan2010, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p54
A reprint of the article "Team Building," by Vivienne O'Keeffe, which appeared in one of the issues of this magazine between 2000 and 2010 is presented. The author discusses how spa operators and managers can achieve healthy staff cohesion and synchronization through strategic team building. She...