Employing the best people--From afar
- New Tools of the Trade. Moss, Desda // HR Magazine;2005 Anniversary issue 13, Vol. 50, p40
The article presents information on the impact of technological innovations on personnel management in the U.S. Personnel managers believe that the automation allowed them to assume more strategic responsibilities. The uses of technology in the profession include online recruiting, intranets...
- Job hunting online. Elsasser, John // Public Relations Tactics;Aug94, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p2
Highlights the use computer networks to recruit employees. Creation of computer bulletin boards for jobs; Increasing number of companies which are using computer networks for public relations.
- Online job services explode. Frazee, Valerie // Personnel Journal;Aug96, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the increase in the number of Internet and online job-search services, job banks and databases. Availability of majority of newspapers' classified job listings online; Main categories of job listings; Focus of online job services on specific industries.
- Online recruitment trends. // Editor & Publisher;04/26/97, Vol. 130 Issue 17, p89
Reveals the percentage of employees recruited through cyberspace interactions. Percentage of North American corporations that use the Internet; Growth of use of Internet for recruiting activities.
- E-mail us your cv, please? // Management Today;Sep96, p21
Reports on the increase in on-line recruitment in Great Britain. Reed Personnel Services' development of a recruitment office through the internet; Interactive interview with an employment officer; Comments by Blue Arrow and Adia Alfred Marks.
- Entering the era of electronic CVs. Theaker, Mike // People Management;8/10/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 16, p34
Explains how employers and job applicants must adapt to the technology that changes the face and pace of recruitment. How the use of computers to read curriculum vitae affect recruitment; How these computerized recruiters work; Effects of changes to employers and employment agencies; Advantages...
- Managers may need a nudge to embrace online recruitment. // Recruiter;6/9/2010, p10
The article reports that managers who are accustomed to using a paper-based recruitment process may need a little persuasion to adopt the online recruitment in Great Britain.
- Videoconferencing maximizes recruiting. Magnusen, Karl O.; Galen Kroeck, K. // HR Magazine;Aug1995, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p70
Discusses the use of videoconferencing to recruit employees. Advantages and disadvantages of the system; Tips on videoconferencing for interviewers and interviewees; Use of the technology in the campus recruitment program of the University of Florida.
- Wired to the world. Carroll, J.A. // CA Magazine;Aug93, Vol. 126 Issue 7, p29
Discusses the advances in global telecommunications that is reshaping the working lives of people. Growing number of home-based workers; Internet (a global network weaving computers in the industrialized world); Efficient electronic mail (E-mail) as critical to success; Establishing global...