AARP recognizes first recipient of diversity award
- All grownup & loving it. Peters, Jenny // Daily Variety;2/10/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 29, p15
The article offers information on 10th Annual Movies for Grown-ups Awards of the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) The Magazine in February 2011.
- Winner of new studio or RF technology -- station. // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2008, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p96
The article announces that the American Association of Retired Persons' (AARP) broadcasting center has received the Excellence Award for new studio or radio frequency (RF) technology from the periodical "Broadcast Engineering."
- Best Employers Standouts. // San Diego Business Journal;2/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p59
Presents the companies recognized in the Best Employers for Workers awards established by the American Association of Retired Persons in San Diego, California.
- Myles Stephenson, Sr. Honored by AARP at the 8th Annual Indian Elder Honors. // Wichita Tribal News;Sep2016, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p8
The article announces that Myles Stephenson Sr., former president of the American Indian Exposition, was honored during the eighth annual AARP Oklahoma Indian Elder Honors in 2016.
- AARP seeks 'Best Employers' // New Hampshire Business Review;1/23/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p7A
Reports on the American Association of Retired Person's acceptance of applications for its annual program that identifies and honors the nation's employers who create the best working environment for aged employees. Title of the program; Basis for the selection of the winners for the awards;...
- AARP kudos giddy over gray. Gray, Timothy M. // Variety;3/25/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the La Chaise D'Or award given by the American Association of Retired Person 'Modern Maturity' magazine. Information on the La Chaise D'Or award; Criteria for movies included in the award.
- Talent war goes global. BRIDGEFORD, LYDELL C. // Employee Benefit News;Dec2008, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p14
The article offers information on AARP's new honor in 2008, called the International Innovative Employer Award. It spotlights 10 employers from around the world that have established age-friendly programs and perks for employees over 50. The recipients, however, were not ranked like the U.S....
- SHRM Co-Sponsors AARP Awards. // HR Magazine;Aug2012, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p80
The article reports on the announcement that the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) will co-sponsor the AARP Best Employers for Workers Over 50 awards in 2013.
- Representative payees handle affairs for elders in 11 states. // Aging;1990, Issue 360, p43
Reports on the Representative Payee Project of AARP's Legal Counsel for the Elderly (LCE). What it does; An example; Where the projects are located; Number of volunteers.