Have your employees vowed to live healthier lives?
- Don't Smile When You Swim. Csatari, Jeff // Boys' Life;Dec99, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p8
Presents some quick health tricks for different situations.
- They're Feeling in the Pink, Though Heaven Knows Why. // Adweek Eastern Edition;7/16/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 29, p32
Reports on the results of a survey on the health of Americans. Self-rating of health conditions.
- Health Smart If you remember only 5 things for good health... Mitchell, Tedd // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/18/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 221, Special section p8
The article offers tips that one should remember to maintain good health and make one's health maintenance a priority including the need to stop smoking, the importance of staying active and the inevitability of keeping a healthy emotional outlook.
- Determinants of Employee Participation in Physical Activity. Kaewthummanukul, Thanee; Brown, Kathleen C. // AAOHN Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p249
The purpose of this article is to provide a review of research literature related to factors that influence employee participation in physical activity. Eleven published studies investigating physical activity in samples of adult employees were included in this review. Across these studies,...
- Beliefs and attitudes about obesity among teachers and school health care providers working with... Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne; Story, Mary // Journal of Nutrition Education;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p3
Studies obesity-related beliefs and attitudes among school staff most likely to address student health-related issues in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Beliefs on the causes of obesity; Perceptions regarding the characteristics of overweight persons; Views on the control of obesity.
- Worst trend of the quarter. // Ardell Wellness Report;Fall90, Issue 23, p7
Focuses on the wellness lifestyle of Americans. `I'm not responsible' syndrome; Comments of commentator John Leo on the trend towards psychiatric excuses.
- Savor the wait. Meyers, Meredith Franco // Self;Feb2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p124
The article offers four simple tips on how patience.
- The epidemiology of elevated blood pressure as an estimate for hypertension in AydÄ±n, Turkey. Sönmez, H M; Başak, O; Camcı, C; Baltacı, R; Karazeybek, HŞ; Yazgan, F; Ertin, İ; Çelik, ŞÇ // Journal of Human Hypertension;Jun99, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p399
Background: Hypertension is an important public health problem, with some variability of its epidemiological properties in different populations. Objectives: The purpose of this study was to estimate the prevalence of hypertension and to determine the hypertension awareness, treatment and...
- On the fast(ing) track. Saunders, Valyncia // Heart & Soul;Feb/Mar2000, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p88
Reports on the benefits and risks of fasting. Fasting experience in the We Care Holistic Center in Desert Hot Springs, California; Body cleansing effect of fasting; Influence on potency and absorption of medications; Symptoms felt during the first three to four days of fasting; Diseases wherein...