- Survival. Custer, Stephen W. // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct84, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p49
Even the most lucrative division of a company can be "reduced in force" in troubled economic times. The author puts forth a practical strategy for planning career alternatives and opportunities before a crisis occurs and the opportunities become necessities. The primary objective of the popular...
- CAREER directions. // Tech Directions;Apr2002, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the personal and professional characteristics of quality assurance tester. Knowledge with the standard of modified computer software applications; Performance according to designer specification and user requirements; Entry-level positions in companies.
- BLS job cross--classification system relates information from six sources. Thompson, John // Monthly Labor Review;Nov81, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p40
Reports on the development of a cross-classification system designed to make occupational information more useful in career guidance and job placement in the United States. Dictionary of occupational titles; Survey of occupational employment statistics; Development of the industry-occupation...
- OCCUPATIONAL CHOICE UNDER EARNINGS UNCERTAINTY. Leigh, J. Paul // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Winter81, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p59
Presents a study which described a model of occupational choice under earnings uncertainty. Assumptions required by the occupational choice model; Estimation of the employment frontier for a group of homogeneous laborers; Cohort dispersion of cumulative earnings.
- Glossary. Sanna, Ellyn // Career Assessments & Their Meanings;2003, p36
Presents a glossary of various terms related to career assessment.
- Addressing the Challenges Special Needs Students Face When Transitioning from the Classroom to the Workplace. Gagliardi, Frank // Exceptional Parent;Oct2010, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p30
The article discusses the efforts of League School of Greater Boston in Massachusetts to address the challenges faced by parents, students with disabilities, and employers on transition path of entering workforce. It says that the program integrates the school curriculum to ensure that students...
- CAREER POINTERS. The Art of Follow-Up. Haley, Heather // AMWA Journal: American Medical Writers Association Journal;2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p132
The article suggests following up job applications every two to three weeks after submitting an application or having an interview, to help keep one's name in front of the hiring person's mind.
- Ten signs of job dissatisfaction -- DON'T IGNORE THEM. Reitz, Victoria; Walker, Deborah // Machine Design;3/3/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p66
Addresses job dissatisfaction issues. Indicators of job discontent; Importance of analyzing one's career choice; Development of interview skills.
- Employment Strategies for Massage Therapists. Lamadrid, Edward // Massage Magazine;Dec2011, Issue 187, p90
The article focuses on the employment strategy and lists the opportunities for massage professionals in field including assisted-living homes, corporate on-site massage, and cruise ships.