News & analysis
- End of the journey for the Bear. // Humboldt Historian;May/Jun1982, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p2
A photograph of the ship known as the "S.S. Bear" is presented.
- A thousand words. // Green Futures;Oct2008, Issue 70, p24
Photographs of ships passing at the wind farm Burbo Bank in Liverpool Bay are presented.
- Setting sail. Vorillon, Dominique // Country Living;Jul98, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p122
Presents photographs of model ships and vintage pond sailers collected by couple Judi and Luck Patterson in their bungalow in Laguna Beach, California. Descriptions of the model ships and pond sailers.
- PIRATES SEIZE TAMPA BAY. // MotorBoating;Apr2007, Vol. 199 Issue 4, p22
A photograph showing the world's only full-rigged pirate ship presented during the Gasparilla Days boating festival held in Florida in January 2007 is presented.
- Untitled. // Travel Weekly (UK);10/8/2010, Vol. 5 Issue 2038, p24
A photograph of a silver ship model arrived at Southampton, Great Britain is presented, that is to be named by the Queen Elizabeth on October 11.
- Views Aboard United States Today. // PowerShips;Winter2012, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p24
Several photographs from aboard the ship SS "United States" are presented.
- SEA LANES. DUPREY, SUSAN // Sea Classics;Vol. 48 Issue 12, p16
Several photographs of ships including the USS Independence (CVL-22), German destroyer trying to stop the American freighter SS Scanyork and the USS Joyce, are presented.
- I'M PROUD OF THIS PICTURE. Looney Jr., Samuel L. // Saturday Evening Post;3/20/1948, Vol. 220 Issue 38, p90
The article presents a photograph of a sinking German U-boat taken in March 1943.
- Flying Too Close to the Sun - BagNews. Lucaites, John // BAGnewsNotes;01/18/2012, p2
A photograph of Costa Concordia, that houses 4,300 passengers and 1,100 crew members, is presented.