How CPD can further organizational aims
- Employee Development : A Lifelong Learning Approach. Paxton, Dan R. // Training & Development Journal;Dec76, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p24
Discusses steps to consider when initiating a corporate development program. Concept of lifelong learning in corporations; Support and commitment of management; Creation of a supportive corporate environment; Expansion of internal training programs; Support for employee participation in community.
- Human Capital Critical to Success. Comeau-Kirschner, Cheryl // Management Review;Nov98, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p9
Reports that employee development is a critical factor in corporate success in the United States. Human resource practices to help employees become more productive; Comments from George Bailey, global director for the human capital group at Watson Wyatt.
- How to increase efficiency and productivity--easily. Kennedy, Graeme // NZ Business;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p30
Presents strategies and techniques in making efficient business in New Zealand. Seminars and trainings for marketing staffs; Investment of technology by employers; Popularity of self-training after classroom courses.
- Questioning the Authorities. Molla, Tony // Automotive Marketing;Feb2001, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the strategies for developing an employee training program. Importance of sales and customer service training for productivity and customer satisfaction; Need to formulate a corporate budget; Consideration of credentials for training resources.
- INDUSTRY TRAINING CALENDAR. // IE3;Mar2012, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p46
A calendar of events related to industrial training for the U.S. from March 5, 2012 to October 12, 2012 is presented which includes the Business Strategies for Today's Contractors, the Emerson Air Conditioning Scroll Training and the Home Performance Contracting Seminar.
- Packaged training offers ready solutions. // ABA Banking Journal;Jun84, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p112
Focuses on the selection of training programs in U.S. banks. Analysis of the problems of bank employees; Establishment of goals and objectives; Advantage of flexibility.
- Setting objectives for the organisation. Grace, M. // British Dental Journal;6/9/2001, Vol. 190 Issue 11, p587
Evaluation of training simply means checking to see if the training was effective. In other words, what has been learnt and (more importantly) applied by those who have been trained. What (if anything) are people doing differently, and if people are doing things differently is the outcome...
- Best-in-the-World Practices (Book). // Benefits Quarterly;1994 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p111
Presents an abstract of the article "Best-in-the-World Practices," published in the June 1994 issue of "Training & development."
- DON'T LET PROGRESS SLOW YOU DOWN. Sparrow, Stephanie // Training Magazine;Sep2004, p5
Presents advice on the inclusion of coaching in the training and development of employees in Great Britain. Principles to follow for the success of a coaching initiative; Advantages of the integration of a coaching culture in the corporate strategy of an organization; Tips on the application of...