Staff recruitment: Your rights and obligations
- Overtime and Travel. Miklave, Matthew T.; Trafimow, A. Jonathan // Workforce (10928332);Jun2002, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p96
Addresses several questions which focus on the legal aspects of personnel management. Overtime pay for employees who travel; Risks associated with the 'probationary periods' arrangement; Possible liabilities of human resource directors; Information on professional or computer-related special...
- discussions onlineâ€¦. // Personnel Today;2/21/2006, p13
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management. One of the questions is regarding notice period in a letter of appointment. A company can have a bi-lateral notice provision of one week until the end of any probationary period in its letter of appointment. Another...
- discussions onlineâ€¦. // Personnel Today;2/12/2008, p15
The article presents an online discussion on several issues related to personnel management. One of the topics for discussion at the forum was the introduction of probationary period for employees. One of the views expressed at the forum was that they are not a substitute for poor recruitment...
- NIIT IFBI's Certificate Programme to Build Pool of Bank PO. // Digital Learning;12/31/2015, p1
The article offers information on launch of Certificate Programme in Banking Sales and Marketing in association with Catholic Syrian Bank by management firm NIIT Institute for Finance, Banking and Insurance (IFBI). Topics discussed include aims of the programme to build probationary officers...
- New Defense Employees Will Be on Probation Longer. Lunney, Kellie // Government Executive;11/12/2015, p1
The article reports that a provision in the fiscal 2016 Defense authorization bill extends to two years the time newly-hired employees at Defense Department are on probation. A summary of the legislation from congressional conferees states that the probationary period extension will be...
- Testing times. Patterson, Ross // Management;May96, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p84
Discusses strategies in identifying and weeding out unsatisfactory employees in companies. Importance of the probationary period; Performance evaluation; Alternative to probationary period of employment.
- Employee background checks are worth the effort. Bushey, Chuck // New Hampshire Business Review;3/29/96, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the need to do background investigation on prospective employees. Sensitive positions such as in fiduciary positions or entrustment with intellectual property; Probationary hiring; Apparent role of human resources department; Credit checks; Criminal checks.
- Health questionnaire ban could lead to probationary dismissals. Baker, Kat // Personnel Today;2/2/2010, p3
The article focuses on the comments by human resource (HR) chiefs that employers could be tempted to use a worker's probationary period to remove new starters with health issues from the company if they find out about a medical condition after an offer of employment has been made.
- Probationary period for employees--what effect does it really have? Ramos, Elsa G. // Texas Business Today;Third Quarter 2012, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to probationary period for employees, including terminating an employee who has been working fewer than 90 days, filing for unemployment when one is discharged during his first 90 days, and paying for unemployment when terminating an employee...