The net that help you fill vacancies
- BLOGORAMA. // Internet Resources Newsletter;Aug2007, Issue 153, p4
The article presents an update on issues concerning Web blogs. PRWeb launched more than 500 news feeds to extend its online news release distribution. The weblog OptimalScholarship was introduced to provide occasional commentary on issues that affect the progress of scholarship. A newsblog was...
- Massive Open Online Courses. Chandler, Pat // School Librarian;Spring2014, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p18
The article reviews the massive open online course (MOOC) web sites Coursera, located at https://www.coursera.org/ from the educational company Coursera, and FutureLearn, located at https://www.futurelearn.com/ from the Open University in Great Britain.
- Distance learning grows worldwide. // Adults Learning;Jan96, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p103
Reports on the growth of Open University's International Centre for Distance Learning. World Wide Web address.
- OU seeks ethnic take. // People Management;12/18/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p16
Cites the efforts of the Open University in England to encourage ethnic minority business individuals into management education.
- Poverty, crime and sex at the OU. // History Today;Sep94, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p3
Focuses on the programs of academic research and projects at the Open University (OU) in Great Britain. Reputation for pioneering multi-media teaching methods and courses for adult students returning to education.
- OU steps toward virtual teaching. // Professional Engineering;02/12/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the near completion of Milton Keynes, England-based Open University's collaboration deal that involves multimedia and knowledge systems.
- Innovative technology for students. Mari, Angelica // Computer Weekly;2/26/2013, p11
The article discusses information technology (IT) in education as of February 26, 2013, with a focus on David Matthewman, chief information officer at the Open University (OU), and his views on the role of IT in distance learning. Topics include cloud computing tools, the Student Loan Company...
- Up, up, up goes the cost of a little learning.... // Accountancy;Mar1974, Vol. 85 Issue 967, p5
Focuses on the expenses of the Open University in Milton Keynes, England. Annual grant allocated for the university; Criticisms on academic accounting systems; Inaccuracy of the figures.
- Changing the subject...again? Edwards, Richard // Adults Learning;Sep99, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p11
Discusses the changes in the Learning Through Life: Education and Training Beyond School, an undergraduate course launched by the Open University in Great Britain in 1993. Benefits of the course; Impact of the course to the university's provision; Outlook on the course.