Smile, you're on a desktop camera
- Screen test. Vernon, Mark // Internet Business;Jan2002, p33
Reports on the benefits of Internet conferencing for companies in Great Britain. Flexibility of Internet conferencing for large and small collaborative meetings; Increase on the share price of companies from Internet conferencing services; Projections on the market of Internet conferencing.
- Firms of all sizes can benefit from Web conferencing. Richardson, John // Business Journal (Central New York);10/10/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p11
Discusses the impact of audio and Web conferencing on the increase of productivity of companies. Use of Web browser; Internet connection and Voice Over Internet Protocol; Software packages and service providers that offer Web conferencing; Decrease in the travel cost of employees and executives.
- Getting the Most Out of Virtual Meetings. Strom, David // Baseline;Jul/Aug2010, Issue 105, p36
The article offers tips on how to conduct a productive virtual meeting that cuts across continents, time zones and cultures. Account manager Alan Elmont says that variety and brevity help keep virtual meetings engaging. To introduce interactivity on audience, it is recommended to use camera...
- Web Conferencing 101. Heinrich, Tricia // OfficePro;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p24
The article offers information on Web conferencing. It first discusses the benefits that can be obtained by businesses from using a Web conference. It then explains the standard and most important features to look for when considering a web conferencing solution and the best ways to utilize each...
- Are Live meetings becoming obsolete? Stoller, Jacob // CMA Management;Aug/Sep2006, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p46
The article discusses the impact of virtual technology on the process of business communication. According to the author, virtual meeting is becoming a rule rather than an exception for so many companies. The author stressed that geographic dispersion, teleworking, extended working hours, and...
- Faster, cheaper Web meetings click with firms. Quittner, Jeremy // Crain's New York Business;11/15/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p23
This article focuses on benefits of Web based conferencing. Considered cutting edge but of little use just five years ago, technology for Web meetings has come into its own in the last couple of years. With expanded capabilities that can connect thousands of users at the same time via their...
- Sprint Enhances International Conferencing Service. Cortes, Rossie // Caribbean Business;2/12/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p35
Reports on the introduction by Sprint of a global audio conferencing solution. Design of the tool to enhance the communication capabilities of U.S. based multinational corporations; Impact of the system in helping offshore locations participate in business conference calls; Offer of flexibility...
- BENCHMARKS. // B to B;8/8/2005, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p22
This section presents a table showing rankings of top products and categories of services offered by various business enterprises. Some of the services offered are: Software, Payment Transaction, Networking and Conferencing, Banking and Insurance, Online Advertising, etc.
- Skype Targets Business with Channel Partner Program. // Channel Insider;9/7/2010, p1
The article discusses the application of the Skype Channel Partner Program to facilitate the businesses of Skype users for their collaboration and communication needs. It mentions that businesses use consumer-grade video conferencing which includes Skype, AOL and Google compared to a more...