Internal networks: The inside story
- Intranets keep employees and their companies in closer touch. DeLeo, Dan // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/30/98, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p23
Discusses the merits of intranet communication for businesses. Use of intranets to improve communication and access to pertinent information about the company; Neill Corp.'s use of internal Web pages to facilitate intercompany communication; Accessibility of a host of information resources and...
- 1997: The Net generation. Worcester, Barbara // Hotel & Motel Management;01/13/97, Vol. 212 Issue 1, p52
Discusses the challenges faced by hotels as they provide in-room Internet and Intranet access to their guests. Increase in usage of Internet by hotel guests; Features of the Intranet system; Development of products that link the hotel enterprise to the Internet.
- Corporate Intranets serve as powerful tools for incorporating... Goetz, John; Peters, Steve // Electric Light & Power;Sep97, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on corporate Intranets in electric utilities to implement standards and procedures to accomplish business functions. Attributes of Intranet applications; How Intranets work; Discussion on corporate Intranet's components.
- The intranet opportunity. Griffith, Cary // Computers in Libraries;Jun96, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p8
Explains how the `intranet,' which is an offshoot of the Internet and other computer technology, offers opportunity to librarians. Definition; The advantages of intranets, such as being network-and workstation independent; How the `intranet' can enable librarians to take a leadership role in...
- Brokers Can Outsell 'Jetsons' With High-Tech. Dickey, James R. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/02/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 40, p12
Focuses on the technology available for insurance agents and brokers. Drawbacks of network file sharing; Advantages of an intranet; Web sites for news searching and public companies.
- Da Vinci's Code of Conduct: Lessons from the Master of all Consultants. Garrett, David // Certification Magazine;Oct2006, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p10
This article focuses on curiosity as a trait that can help information technology (IT) professionals do more and earn more, whether one builds intranets, tweak routers or lay fiber for a living. IT professionals should stop thinking about how they get to clients and start asking what clients do...
- Web authoring gets big boost. Moeller, Michael; Rooney, Paula // PC Week;9/16/96, Vol. 13 Issue 37, p10
Discusses three World Wide Web authoring software suites aimed at enabling users to more easily publish documents on their corporate intranets. SoftQuad Inc.'s HotMetal Intranet Publisher (HIP); Enigma Information Retrieval Systems Inc.'s Internet version of its Insight electronic publishing...
- Technology 2002: Promises and Challenges. Larson, Polly // Franchising World;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p6
Discusses the promises and challenges of technological advances anticipated by the franchising business. Application of intranet technology to franchisor-franchisee communication; Advantages of the point of sale systems to franchisees; Uses of the Internet.
- Intuitive ROI is better than no ROI. Paul, Lauren Gibbons // PC Week;06/18/97, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p14
Discusses the results of a study investigating the value of intranet technology in businesses. The initial lack of importance given to return-on-investment; The high level of satisfaction by most companies regarding their investments; The likelihood that companies will begin to tighten up on...