- `New economy' to revolutionise workplace. Muller, Joan // Finance Week;08/20/99, p32
Discusses the impact of information technology on how companies transact their business in South Africa. Implications for property developers, owners and brokers; Effects of changing lifestyles and work trends on the demand for office space. INSET: Trends shaping future work environment..
- Tough times a trade-off for some. Els, Frik // Finance Week;12/7/2001, p61
Focuses on how companies can deal with shrinking information technology budgets in South Africa. Invention of new ways of keeping deals alive.
- Pushing the Envelope. Monroe, Linda K. // Buildings;Jun99, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p74
Focuses on how advances in information technology have made it possible for companies to perform corporate functions. Significant savings achieved by businesses relying on information technology; Details on how technology companies are thriving.
- The Great Transformation. // Caribbean Business;2/27/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p10
Discusses the impact of information technology on business enterprises in the Caribbean Area. Changes brought about by information technology; Predicted changes in the way individuals live and work during the last ten years; Indispensability of information technology in the everyday lives of...
- Survival of the Fittest. // Caribbean Business;2/27/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p40
Discusses the impact of information technology on the business community in the Caribbean Area. Changes in the means by which local companies conducts business brought about by information technology; Advantages and drawbacks offered by information technology to Caribbean businesses; Predicted...
- New rules for a New Economy. // Caribbean Business;2/27/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p46
Discusses the impact of information technology on the business community in the Caribbean Area. Changes in the means by which local companies conducts business brought about by information technology; Advantages and drawbacks offered by information technology to Caribbean businesses; Need for...
- Silicon Sound weathers the dot-com storm. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/12/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p16
Reports the increasing information technology (IT) business in Long Island Sound, Connecticut. Cause for the shifting of IT activity from Silicon Parkway to Long Island Sound; Estimation of the number of existing Internet related and IT in Stamford; Impact of using return-on-investment model...
- IT: Firms wrestle with consultants vs. in-house. Gerrie, Sharon // Las Vegas Business Press;08/30/99, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p22
Discusses the importance of information technology companies to a variety of business enterprises in Las Vegas, Nevada. Facilitation of support for the communication systems; Assessment of technology needs suitable for a company's growth pattern and cash flow.
- Informate the enterprise. Zuboff, Shoshana // National Forum;Summer91, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the need to apply information technology to business enterprises. Features of automation approaches in relation to information technology; Two examples of companies that applied information technologies but remained within the paradigm of automation; Need for an informated...
- Get innovative in dealing with IT. Friend, Bill; Thompson, Olin // Food Engineering;Sep2002, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p62
Focuses on the benefits of information technology (IT) to companies. Improvement in productivity; Economic benefits; Recommendation to consider IT alignment.