People and posts
- People and posts. // People Management;12/21/95, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p9
Presents various reports on the business sector focusing on the promotion of employees. Martyn Melvin as group personnel director of Swindon-based electronics group Blick; Michael Maher as group director of human resources at Dalgety; Paul Mitchell as group management development manager of...
- Career 'Insurance' Prepares you for Setbacks-and successes. Half, Robert // Training & Development Journal;Jul86, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p9
No abstract available.
- Doc's management group taps exec's brain power. Littman, Margaret // Crain's Chicago Business;12/01/97, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p12
Focuses on the promotions of employees of a number of business enterprises in Chicago, Illinois. Detailed information on Catherine Anne Gilmore, senior vice-president and corporate development officer at NeuroSource Incorporated; Promotion of C. Herbert Johnson to the post of partner at Nykiel...
- Most people think we work just for money. Nelson, Rebecca // Supervision;Mar91, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p6
Opinion. Presents the author's views about employee motivation and promotion. Vital role played by a supervisor in motivation and promotion of his or her subordinates; Comments of the park employee interviewed by the author about people's views why they work; Author's conclusion about the issue.
- Developing high-potential employees in the new... Burke, Lisa A. // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p18
Discusses information about the high-potential employee (HIPO) program. Objectives of the program; The use of HIPO in todays business environment; Key decision point in the needs assessment, design, and management of a HIPO program; Factors on assessing HIPO talents; Key decision point in...
- Going places. // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/1/96, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p7
Highlights a number of employees at several businesses in Cleveland Ohio, who were promoted. Names of employees and positions to be held; Names of businesses; Names and positions of persons at associations; Persons awarded; Persons who retired.
- Survey: 85% of employees not strong candidates for promotion. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/25/95, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p11
Reports that 85 percent of employees at small and medium-size firms in the United States are not strong candidates for promotion.
- People on The Move. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/21/2002, Issue 322945, p18
Announces the promotion of employees in various industries in California. Appointment of H. Jay Alterman as the Commercial Bank California's vice president and corporate banking officer; Residential sales specialists of London Properties Ltd.; Appointment of Marci Horton as a customer service...
- Evaluating Promotion Opportunities. Hubler, Liz // Women in Business;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p36
Discusses the factors to be considered in evaluating promotion opportunities. Personal satisfaction; Determination of the opportunity cost; How to weigh the benefits and drawbacks of a promotion.
- This Way Up. Matus, Jordan // Men's Health;Nov98, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p114
Cites the most common reasons young employees are not promoted. Dress choices; Keeping a low profile; Failure to ask for a promotion.