Firms may pay more for hasty EWC deals
- UK firms jump the EWC. Overell, Stephen // People Management;12/21/95, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p9
Reports that some of the United Kingdom's biggest multi-nationals are forming European works councils (EWC) ahead of 1996 European Union (EU) deadline. Announcement of the formation of `Article 13' agreements before being forced by EU law to form consultative forums; Groups responsible for...
- Carl Bufalini. Carlstone, Linda Mae // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, pR16
Highlights the agency called North Business and Industrial Council (NORBIC) whose executive director is Carl Bufanlini. What agency does in relation to grass-roots economic development; Steps taken by agency in dealing with businesses; Other role of agency; Specialized resource center found at...
- Plans for new medical-firm incubator and seed fund unveiled. Heikens, Norm // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/27/93, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p10A
Reports on the Indiana Medical Device Manufacturers Council's plans for an incubator and a seed capital fund targeted at startup medical technology firms. Negotiations to use Catheter Research Inc.'s facility; Mechanics of the fund; Role of fund manager.
- Getting the EWC you want. Paul, Kirsten // People Management;7/13/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p31
Suggests a structural analysis in setting-up a European works councils in a company. Assessment of industrial relations strategy; Evaluation of a management team agenda; Provisions on training programs for its employees; Selection of location and topics for the council meeting.
- Teaching self-management skills to young offenders. // Corrections Today;Feb96, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p85
Reports that teaching self-management skills to young offenders, is essential to change old beliefs and alter patterns of behavior. Principles a self-control instructor should follow.
- Measuring self-managed workteams. Henderson, Dale; Green, Fess // Journal for Quality & Participation;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p52
Presents a study which sought to identify and describe existing survey instruments that may help assess perceptions related to self-managing workteams. Types of techniques that are used; Use of the team effectiveness survey; Background on the concepts that are used; Identification of benefits...
- India's innovation czar. Jayaraman, Killugudi // Nature Biotechnology;Feb2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p124
The article reports on the approval given by the Indian government to the creation of Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), a not-for-profit company dedicated to enhancing innovation within the biotechnology industry.
- Hungary-Saudi Arabia business council formed in Budapest. // Hungary A.M.;11/8/2013, p8
The article reports on a bilateral business council established by representatives of Hungary and Saudi Arabia in Budapest, Hungary.
- Arts Board seeks volunteers to serve on committees. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/5/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p4
The article announces that Lake Whitney Arts' Board is seeking for volunteers who are willing to help the committee responsibilities and decision-making.