Hackney's former HR alleges racism
- Employment law clinic. Farrell, Linda; Hughes, Charlotte // Personnel Today;2/12/2002, p13
Reports legal issues on employment discrimination in Great Britain. Objective of a responsible employer recruitment policy and selection process; Intentions to discriminate on grounds of sex and race; Importance for interviewers to avoid asking discriminatory questions on job applicants.
- Why we all need to worry about ageism. Stevens, John // People Management;6/13/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p59
States that employee recruitment and selection decisions should be based on merit, not on age criteria. Harm of age discrimination to businesses and people; Ways in which young people can be affected by age discrimination; Action agenda issued to help employers regarding recruitment and...
- Weekly dilemma... discriminating against smokers. Leach, Mark // Personnel Today;1/27/2009, p10
The article presents an answer to a question on legally discriminating against smokers while recruiting for a hospitality business.
- at the coal face. // Recruiter;10/27/2010, p28
The article focuses on the removal of age discrimination for job in Great Britain, initiated by several recruitment organizations.
- Buyers Answer Questions, Get Creative In Hard EPL Market. McDonald, Caroline // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;6/16/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 24, p10
Reports on the availability of coverage for employment practices liability in the U.S. Accounts on the procedures in studying hiring applications; Escalation in both frequency and severity of employment complaint; Prohibition of employment discrimination.
- Letter to the editor: The hidden costs of regulation. Ayley, Robert // Money Marketing (Online Edition);8/15/2013, p40
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about a lack of transparency in recruiting by Peter Hamilton in the July 25, 2013 issue.
- USE SOCIAL MEDIA CAUTIOUSLY. // Recruiter;Dec2015, p9
The article reports on warning to recruiters on hiring candidates using social media due to discrimination claims, mentions the warning given by Jane Hatton of recruiter Evenbreak, regarding hiring through professional networking site LinkedIn and Elizabeth Marshall of law firm Kemp Litt, on same.
- Avoid the discrimination pitfalls when recruiting. // Cabinet Maker;03/16/2001, Issue 5229, p7
Presents tips to British businesses on how to avoid sex, racial and disability pitfalls when recruiting.
- Hitting the 'Record' Button: Not Always a Good Idea. Miklave, Matthew T.; Trafimow, A. Jonathan // Workforce;Nov2000, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p94
Answers several questions on human resource management in the United States. Legality of tape-recording an interview; Presentation of a job description requirement in an advertisement; Issues that could arise under the anti-discrimination statutes.