A journal use study made easier with bar codes
- Ãœber resolver. // Library Journal;3/15/2007 Movers & S, Vol. 132, p20
The article presents a profile of librarian Ross Singer. Details are given regarding his position as Application Developer at the Georgia Tech Library and Information Center in Atlanta, along with his educational experience and other occupational accomplishments. His work in designing OpenURL...
- Transforming the Georgia Tech Architecture Library into a Social Space. Carpenter, Cathy // Art Documentation: Bulletin of the Art Libraries Society of Nort;Spring2011, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p79
Academic libraries have experienced dramatic change during the last several decades. The traditional library was collection-centered, and users had to come to the library for their research needs. With the advent of the Internet and the development of the digital library, however, library...
- Library Implements QuickSearch BETA. Riley, Donna // Georgia Library Quarterly;Fall2012, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p34
The article reports on Georgia Tech Library's adoption of QuickSearch BETA, a single-search discovery system that provides users with easy access to millions of physical and electronic-resources. The EBSCOhost platform is part of QuickSearch BETA to perform a combined search of the full Georgia...
- A New Story to Tell: The East Commons at the Georgia Tech Library. Bennett, Charlie // Georgia Library Quarterly;Winter2007, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p17
The article focuses on the renovations made in the East Commons mixed-used space at the Georgia Tech Library in Atlanta. The area consists of collaborative computer stations, study tables and modular lighting systems. The rearrangements were made to encourage students to use the library more...
- Georgia Institute of Technology. // Georgia Library Quarterly;Summer2005, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p12
Presents updates on the appointment of several employees at the library of Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta as of July 2005. Christine de Cantanzaro; Kent Woynowski; Chris Helms; David McDuffie.
- Georgia Tech Wires Campus For PC Access to Library. // Information Today;May1987, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p23
This article discusses the significance of the Library 2000 system at Georgia Institute of Technology. Students and faculty members use Library 2000 to search the university's catalog of more than 350,000 books and documents as well as four periodical databases leased from Information Access...
- Twelve Years of Online Reference Services at Georgia Tech: Where We Have Been and Where We Are Going. Carpenter, Cathy; Renfro, Crystal // Georgia Library Quarterly;Summer2007, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p6
The article offers information about the Georgia Institute of Technology Library in Atlanta, Georgia, which is a pioneer in delivering virtual reference. The Library has initiated the ASK a Librarian service in 1994, an e-mail-based electronic reference service which became popular and has...
- Nanoelectronics with the midas touch. // R&D Magazine;Jul97, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p9
Reports that the Georgia Institute of Technology has developed a series of molecules to test nanoeletronic technologies. Features of the molecules.
- Georgia Tech establishes TEREC. // Quality;Dec96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the establishment of the Test and Evaluation Research and Education Center (TEREC) at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta.