NISO establishes a research internship
- NISO - UNT RFID Institute. Marsh, Corrie // Texas Library Journal;Winter2005, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p165
The article reports on the partnership by the National Information Standards Organization and the University of North Texas-Texas Center for Digital Knowledge to co-sponsor an Radio Frequency Identification Institute in Denton, Texas. The institute combined the examination of custom library...
- NISO establishes Book Item and Contribution Identifier Committee. Blixrud, Julia C. // SISAC News;Summer/Fall97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p19
Announces that the National Information Standards Organization (NISO) Voting Members voted to approve the establishment of Standards Committee AP, Book Item and Contribution Identifier (BICI) as of June 1, 1997. Details about the committee; Author contact information; Author contact information.
- National standard for paper permanence. // Computers in Libraries;Dec93, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p69
Reports that the first major revision to the American National Standard for paper permanence has been published by the National Information Standards Organization. Expanded scope of original; Test for fold endurance.
- Z39.50 protocol revised. // Database;Dec95, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p12
Reports that the National Standards Organization (NISO) has revised the Information Retrieval protocol (Z39.50). Features.
- NISO Selects New Committee Members. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;9/1/1997, Vol. 122 Issue 14, p122
Mentions those elected to National Information Standards Organization's Standards Development Committee in 1997. The qualifications and backgrounds of Priscilla Caplan, Karen Anspach, and Vicky Gray.
- NISO Approves New Standard for Digital Talking Book. // Information Today;May97, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p5
Focuses on an announcement of NISO (National Information Standards Organization), that its members approved initiation of work on an updated national standard, for defining the requirements for a digital talking book. Details on the `Digital Talking Book;' Comments from National Library Service...
- NISO sorting standard. Marmion, Dan // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the development of a new national standard for sorting of alphanumeric characters and other symbols by the National Information Standards Organization. Contact information.
- NISO announces work on a new standard. // Computers in Libraries;Apr97, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p14
Mentions that the National Information Standards Organization (NISO) has announced that its voting members have approved a plan to initiate work on a Book Item and Contribution Identifier. Brief details on the new standard and NISO, a nonprofit organization; Contact point.
- Automation `people.' Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;9/1/1993, Vol. 118 Issue 14, p130
Announces some results of the National Information Standards Organization (NISO) June 1993 elections. New vice chair/chair-elect Mike McGill; McGill's background; Others.