A press release from AAP
- Digital Object Identifier system February 13, 1997 demonstration. // SISAC News;Summer/Fall97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p12
Discusses the demonstration of the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) system on February 13, 1997 at the Association of American Publishers (AAP)/Professional and Scholarly Publishing Division Annual Meeting. History; Technology of the system; Future capabilities.
- The Digital Object Identifier -- a tool for online commerce. Risher, Carol // SISAC News;Summer/Fall97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p10
Discusses the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) created by a committee of the Association of American Publishers (AAP) as a tool for online commerce to insure that copyright management systems would exist to make Internet commerce secure for publishers. What was learned by the demonstration of...
- Internet security top tech concern. P.D. // Practical Accountant;Mar97, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the concerns of business and consumers about the security of transactions in the Internet and other technologies. Encouragement of development of better encryption and firewall technologies; Protection of geographically dispersed networks against unauthorized break-ins; List of other...
- The cursor of the Internet: Whom can you trust? Schweitzer, Kurt // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;01/06/97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p5SB
Focuses on security issues concerning electronic commerce over the Internet computer network. Information accessibility; Discussion on spoofing; Encoding of messages; Checking into a Web professional; Concerns on computer communications.
- Internet security causes jitters. // Health Management Technology;Nov1996, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p10
Analyzes the results of a survey of chief information officers' attitudes toward potential security risks of conducting business via the Internet. Continuation of business transactions by majority of respondents; Concern over dealing with confidential financial information; Prevention of...
- The safe way to shop online. Finnigan, Anne // Good Housekeeping;Sep98, Vol. 227 Issue 3, p161
Offers tips on how to safety shop on the Internet. Protective technologies used by secure sites; Encryption capability of Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Explorer; Risk of credit card fraud; Secure Electronic Transaction technology used by Web merchants that accept Visa and Mastercard.
- A safety net. McCartney, Laton // Industry Week/IW;04/21/97, Vol. 246 Issue 8, p74
Reports that companies in the United States are reaping the benefits of Internet commerce while containing the risks. Security measures for electronic commerce; Use of firewalls, digital identification, certification and secure-payment protocols; Tips to reduce the risk of security breaches. ...
- Shopping on the Net. Goldsborough, Reid // RN;Apr99, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p21
Discusses various aspects of Internet shopping as of April 1999. Safety issues; Secure Sockets Layer encryption technology; Shopping Web sites.
- Safely in the Net. Greek, Dinah // Professional Engineering;10/21/98, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p17
Talks about security issues concerning business transactions over the Internet. Estimates from the International Data Corporation on the value of electronic transactions made by companies through the Internet in 1998; Why people are scared in using the Internet in business: Use of encryption...