The Digital Object Identifier -- a tool for online commerce
- Digital Object Identifier system February 13, 1997 demonstration. // SISAC News;Summer/Fall97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p12
Discusses the demonstration of the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) system on February 13, 1997 at the Association of American Publishers (AAP)/Professional and Scholarly Publishing Division Annual Meeting. History; Technology of the system; Future capabilities.
- A press release from AAP. // SISAC News;Summer/Fall97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p15
States that the Association of American Publishers (AAP) announced a selection of the team that will develop a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) system for use by the publishing industry as of June 1, 1997. The three areas that the Bowker/Corporation for National Research Initiatives (CNRI) team...
- Security. // Communications News;May96, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p60
Announces the availability of a four-page brochure and three information sheets describing turnkey Internet security solutions from PDC.
- Internet security top tech concern. P.D. // Practical Accountant;Mar97, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the concerns of business and consumers about the security of transactions in the Internet and other technologies. Encouragement of development of better encryption and firewall technologies; Protection of geographically dispersed networks against unauthorized break-ins; List of other...
- The cursor of the Internet: Whom can you trust? Schweitzer, Kurt // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;01/06/97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p5SB
Focuses on security issues concerning electronic commerce over the Internet computer network. Information accessibility; Discussion on spoofing; Encoding of messages; Checking into a Web professional; Concerns on computer communications.
- Internet security causes jitters. // Health Management Technology;Nov1996, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p10
Analyzes the results of a survey of chief information officers' attitudes toward potential security risks of conducting business via the Internet. Continuation of business transactions by majority of respondents; Concern over dealing with confidential financial information; Prevention of...
- The safe way to shop online. Finnigan, Anne // Good Housekeeping;Sep98, Vol. 227 Issue 3, p161
Offers tips on how to safety shop on the Internet. Protective technologies used by secure sites; Encryption capability of Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Explorer; Risk of credit card fraud; Secure Electronic Transaction technology used by Web merchants that accept Visa and Mastercard.
- A safety net. McCartney, Laton // Industry Week/IW;04/21/97, Vol. 246 Issue 8, p74
Reports that companies in the United States are reaping the benefits of Internet commerce while containing the risks. Security measures for electronic commerce; Use of firewalls, digital identification, certification and secure-payment protocols; Tips to reduce the risk of security breaches. ...
- Shopping on the Net. Goldsborough, Reid // RN;Apr99, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p21
Discusses various aspects of Internet shopping as of April 1999. Safety issues; Secure Sockets Layer encryption technology; Shopping Web sites.