Standard identifiers in the electronic age
- AS2 secures documents using the Web. Radko, John // Network World;12/9/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p41
Focuses on the Internet Engineering Task Force's Applicability Statement 2 (AS2) draft standard for securely exchanging business documents over the Internet. Specifications; Document exchange requirements; Security options; Challenges in implementation.
- Billing System Design Based on Internet Environment. Al-Ani, Muzhir Shaban; Noory, Rabah; Al-Ani, Dua'a Yaseen // International Journal of Advanced Computer Science & Application;Sep2012, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p224
This paper deals with the design of Internet billing system, in which it is possible pay invoices electronically. This approach is implemented via virtual banks, in which the process of money transfer can be implemented. In other hand many applications can be realize such as; deposit e-money,...
- AIAG to Collaborate with Chinese Auto-ID Group. // Material Handling Management;May2007, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p8
This article reports that the Automotive Industry Action Group and the Automatic Identification Manufacturer Association of China have agreed to work together on automatic identification technologies. The initial focus of the agreement will be on the exchange of information on automatic...
- Document/image management links supply chain. Bushnell, Rick // Automatic I.D. News;Sep98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p63
Focuses on the use of document/imaging management (DIM) identification system which incorporates functions for materials handling, bar coding and electronic data interchange (EDI) purposes. Applicability of DIM for supply chains; Features for cost reduction.
- Technology for the little guys. Stastny, Paul // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Jun2003, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on the three technologies facilitating businesses in coping with the slowdown of economy in Canada. Earnings of warehouse management system companies; Reduction in the cost of radio frequency identification; Implementation of the electronic data interchange program.
- Automatic Identification of Individual Tree Crowns in Mixed Forests Using Fusion of LIDAR and Multispectral Data. Gulbe, Linda // Technologies of Computer Control;2013, Vol. 14, p93
One of the most important steps in performing automated forest inventory at the individual tree level using remote sensing data is the identification of individual trees. The aim of this paper is to present a LIDAR and multispectral data fusion approach exploiting Template Matching (TM) method...
- Automatic Identification of the Parameters of Heat Plants. Shurygin, D. A. // Fibre Chemistry;May/Jun2004, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p222
The proposed algorithm for operational identification of heat plant parameters executed during use makes it possible to correct adjustment of the temperature regulator (`including self-adjustment) in consideration of the current state of the plant Automatic identification will increase the...
- â€¦ and the Standardized Health ID Card May Be on the Way. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb2007, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the ongoing standardization of health identification (ID) cards by the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI) in the U.S. The standardization of the ID cards will allow the healthcare industry to promote easily the network development and interoperability. Jack...
- Motion-based consistency audit of onboard Global Navigation Satellite System reference as reported by static Automatic Identification System data. Banyś, Paweł; Heymann, Frank; Engler, Evelin; Noack, Thoralf // Scientific Journals of The Maritime University of Szczecin, Zesz;2015, Vol. 116 Issue 44, p49
The Automatic Identification System (AIS) is widely used for reporting vessel movements and broadcasting additional information related to the current voyage or constant parameters like the IMO number or the overall dimension of the hull. Since dynamic AIS data is shared mostly without human...