- Medicare forecast: As spending growth slows, HMOs' share grows. Cassil, Alwyn // AHA News;1/27/97, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p3
Reports that an estimated $153 billion of Medicare payments will go to managed care plans by year 2007 according to new Congressional Budget Office projections. Comparison to payments made in 1996; Total Medicare expenditures until year 2007.
- Medicare: What to do? Reischauer, Robert D. // Brookings Review;Summer95, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p50
Suggests ways of sustaining the federal budget for the Medicare program. Restoration of the Hospital Insurance Trust Fund; Gradual transformation of the Medicare into a system in which participants are given a choice of cost-effective managed care plans; Development of new institutions and...
- Inspector General questions Rx drug coverage information. Wechsler, Jill // Managed Healthcare Executive;Jul2002, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p9
Reports that Medicare+Choice plans do a poor job explaining the intricacies of drug coverage plans to seniors, according to a report from the U.S. Office of the Inspector General in the Department of Health and Human Services. Failure of most plans to provide basic information in their Summary...
- Relationships Among Performance Measures for Medicare Managed Care Plans. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p23
Provides information on a study which compared the performance measures for managed care plans under Medicare. Methods; Results; Summary and discussion.
- Assessing Medicare Health Plan Performance in Serving Beneficiary Subpopulations. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p85
Focuses on a study which examined differences in managed care health plan performance ratings between selected subgroups of the Medicare population. Review of related literature; Methodology; Results; Discussion.
- HEDIS Performance Trends in Medicare Managed Care. Leid, Terry R.; Sheingold, Steven // Health Care Financing Review;Fall2001, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p149
Presents a study that analyzed performance trends between 1996 and 1998 for health plans in the Medicare managed care program. Use of Health Employer Data and Information Set measures to track performance changes; Application of a cohort analysis model at the health plan level; Analysis of the...
- Payment Policy and Competition in the Medicare+Choice Program. Pizer, Steven D.; Frakt, Austin B. // Health Care Financing Review;Fall2002, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p83
Presents a study which investigated plan premium and benefit decisions in the Medicare+Choice program in the U.S. Method of the study; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- Social and Economic Determinants of Medicare Managed Care Participation. Heller, Amy // Health Care Financing Review;Spring2005, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p1
Introduces a series of articles which examined the social and economic determinants of Medicare managed care participation in the U.S.
- Medicare managed care: A brave new world. Scott, Jeanne Schulte // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug96, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on the issue of Medicare managed care plans. Implications for healthcare financial managers; Chances of the elderly choosing a health maintenance organization (HMO) over physicians; Factors fueling the growth of Medicare managed care plans; Movement of the American Association of Retired...
- HHS expands Medicare managed care options. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar97, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p11
Focuses on the opening of the Medicare Choices demonstration project which is designed to give beneficiaries expanded choices among types of managed care plans on January 1, 1997. Details of the demonstration project; Benefits; Sites of the demonstration project; Reason for the selection of the...