HR performs for Chicago Symphony employees
- Daniel in the lion's den. Davis, P.G. // New York;4/20/92, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p98
Discusses how few would deny that the Chicago Symphony responded positively to Daniel Barenboim and performed at its highest level when the conductor and his orchestra performed recently at Carnegie Hall in New York City. Performances of Strauss's tone poem `Ein Heldenleben' and Beethoven's...
- Of all things. Marty, M.E. // Christian Century;4/29/92, Vol. 109 Issue 15, p471
Discusses a recent performance by the Chicago Symphony orchestra in Madrid, Spain and the review a critic wrote which put down the organ playing and how this attitude conveys an unappreciation of the organ's role in the church for worshippers. We live in a time of dethronements; Organ virtuosity...
- CSO records slight surplus. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/18/93, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p70
Reports on the surplus on operating budget recorded by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra for fiscal year ended June 30, 1993. Announcement of financial performance at the annual meeting of the board of trustees of the Orchestral Association.
- Call it classic-aid. // Advertising Age;3/30/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 13, p50
Reveals that the Chicago Symphony Orchestra has begun offering title sponsorship opportunities, including program mention, signage and special receptions and seating, in an attempt to raise more money from corporate sources. Comments from Joyce Idema, director of marketing and public relations;...
- Nocturnes - FÃªtes/Symphony No. 39, K543/Symphony No 4, Op 36. Achenbach, Andrew // Gramophone;Aug2013, Vol. 91 Issue 1099, p44
A review of the DVD release of a concert by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra with conductor Sir Georg Solti at the Royal Festival Hall in London, England is presented.
- Symphony Center Celebrates the Holiday Season with Festive Concerts for Families. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;11/28/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the festive concerts conducted by Symphony Center for families in Chicago, Illinois wherein the spotlight of the event is "Welcome Yule!," featuring the 145 voices of Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
- Setting the tone on opening night. Bertagnoli, Lisa // Crain's Chicago Business;9/19/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 38, p0039
A preview of the concert Chicago Symphony Orchestra Symphony Ball at Hilton Chicago in Chicago, Illinois is presented.
- Collections. // American Record Guide;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p249
Features the classical music recording `Chicago Symphony: Great Soloists.' Performers; Conductor; Length of the programs.
- BACK FROM THE SECOND CITY. Davidson, Justin // New York;4/18/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p89
The article announces the concert of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra to be conducted by Riccardo Muti at the Carnegie Hall in Manhattan, New York on April 15-17, 2011.