A behind-the-scenes look at Olympic management
- Olympic velodrome plans. // Bicycling;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p20
States that the Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games is weighing three options for the 1996 track cycling venue. Brief information on the plans; Where readers can voice their support.
- One year and counting: Atlanta begins its Olympic-sports appetizer course. Atkin, Ross // Christian Science Monitor;7/18/95, Vol. 87 Issue 162, p14
Reports on Atlanta Sports `95 which has become a testing ground of the facilities and preparations for the 1996 Olympics which is being held in Atlanta. Importance of Atlanta Sports `95; Inadequacy of the preparations for the Olympic games; Ticket booking and sales of Olympic merchandise.
- Making the team. // Humanities;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p33
Features various programs created by the Regional Designation Awards in the Humanities in connection with the 1996 Summer Olympic Games in Atlanta, Georgia. Includes the exhibition called Cotton: The Crop That Created a Culture at the Museum of Arts and Sciences in Macon, Georgia; Theater in...
- POLL: More watched Olympics in Atlanta. L.J. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/12/96, Vol. 43 Issue 33, p33
Reports that many Long Island, New York residents watched the 1996 Olympic Games.
- Olympic hassles minimal. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p3
Asserts that there were only few hassles in the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, Georgia. Attitude of fund managers toward the games; Effect of the holding of the games on their working conditions; Bombing at Centennial Olympic Park; Heightening of building security in the wake of the bombing.
- Essential technology guide. Nelson, Robin; Vizard, Frank // Popular Science;Jul96, Vol. 249 Issue 1, p63
Describes many of the technological innovations surrounding the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia. Electronic precision timing; Microfiber swimsuits; Ultra-secure identification badges; Superbikes; Regional Atmospheric Modeling System; Mondo track surfaces; Steroid testing; Web pages covering...
- The extreme Olympics. Kessler, Mike // Ski;May/Jun96, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p15
Presents the schedule for the television telecast of the 1996 Olympics.
- Just add water. // Swim Magazine;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p8
Presents developments concerning the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. Poor performance of Chinese swimmers at the games; Bromantan use by Olympic bronze medalist Andrei Korneev; Logistical problems of the games; Celebrity attendees at the games.
- The making of an Olympic city. Edmond Jr., A.; Sabir, Q. // Black Enterprise;Jan1991, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p37
Hails the selection of Atlanta, Ga. as host of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games. Enormous potential economic impact of the Summer Games; Key role played by the Atlanta Organizing Committee (AOC) in bringing the games to Atlanta; Hopes that black-owned businesses will share in the economic rewards...