The summer olympics: An HR disaster?
- Assignment flexibility: Where will it lead? Oliver, John E. // Industrial Management;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p12
Discusses the use of assignment flexibility (AF) in enhancing the efficiency and effectivity of human resources utilization. Case study on AF; Potential roadblocks to the implementation of AF; Labor agreement clause on AF; Problem areas in AF implementation; Establishment of a process for the...
- Systems integration through concurrent learning. Cavaleri, Steven A.; Fearon, David S. // Industrial Management;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p27
Discusses the use of concurrent engineering of human resources in achieving systems integration. Categories of systems integration; Focus of systems integration; Concurrent learning as a work improvement scheme; Personal concurrent learning processes; Concurrent organizational learning.
- Are your human assets outperforming the market? Fitz-Enz, Jac // Management Review;Feb97, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p62
Contends that the firms which produce the best human asset management numbers has the best financial performance. Account on the study of Saratoga Institute; Findings in the study; Eight values, beliefs and stratagems that accounts to the success of firms; Saratoga's recommended measures for...
- Compensation and benefits: More than money. Burns, John M.; Fakonas, A.D. // Electric Perspectives;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p42
Provides information on how people are becoming the resources of competitive advantage in the 90s. How to improve employees' performance while managing the substantial cost they represent; Steps in capitalizing on people resource; Planning implication on the shift in views on employees; How to...
- From teams to partnerships. Bassin, Marc // HR Magazine;Jan1996, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p84
Looks at the role of human resources professionals in helping a team to evolve into a partnership. Listing of steps to team cohesiveness; Evolution of team to partnership.
- `Thinking strategically is the way to reach the top.' Hodges, Catharine // People Management;4/20/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the tips in boosting human resource influence given at the Society of Chief Personnel Officers in Local Government conference. Four major areas and issues which top management team should look into; Advice from different human resources managers on how to handle a team.
- SHRM Foundation Standardizes Criteria for Area Scholarships. McConnell, Beth // HR Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p118
Reports on the standardization of the criteria for area scholarships of the Society for Human Resource Management Foundation. Amount committed by the society for its Area Scholarship Program; Eligibility for the scholarship.
- Before you sign that covenant... Gerskovich, Karen // Across the Board;Jun97, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p63
Discusses how the employers try to protect human capital, as their most precious asset by requiring workers to sign restrictive covenants. Tips for employees before signing restrictive covenants from Alan L. Sklover, a New York-based attorney.
- HUMAN RESOURCES. Greene, Jan // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;06/20/97, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p28
Presents the result of a survey by Deloitte and Touche about human resources in a hospital. Percentage of hospitals who plan to reduce staff size; Downsizing in church affiliated hospitals; Human resources' problem on employee morale.