Execs teach the intangibles to junior employees
- Credibility. Tice, Lou // Executive Excellence;Apr2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p14
Discusses factors vital to a management mentor's credibility. Perception of a mentor as a similar other; Achievement of relevant personal success; Accomplishment of having mentored and coached others to success.
- Business Mentoring. Dyer, Jann // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p68
Focuses on the advantages of business coaching and mentoring in New Zealand. Guidance of protege through the decision-making process; Offer of motivation for the success of a project; Knowledge of business competence.
- Coaxing out the winner. Millman, Shelley // CA Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p37
Discusses the responsibilities of a career person as his occupation turns into the position of leadership. Factors to be considered by managers in order to maintain a competitive edge; Causes of personal and career failure among leaders; Significance of leadership coaching to a potential manager.
- Wanted: Chief executive coach. McDermott, Lynda // Training & Development;May96, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p67
Discusses various aspects of executive coaching in the United States. Executive coaching avoidance; Benefits of coaching; Qualities of a good coach; Encouragement of executives to coach; Initiation of coach-the-coach effort.
- Get help to get to the top. Naudé, Colleen // Finance Week;8/9/2002, p77
Discusses the increasing use of executive coaching in South Africa and the rest of the world. Reasons why executives need such courses; Enhancement of executive skills in areas such as managing change, interpersonal relations and giving presentations with greater confidence; Increased use of...
- How not to become CEO. // Psychology Today;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p13
Discusses the benefits and hindrances of mentoring for advancing executives in the corporate ladder. Interference with acquisition of leadership abilities; Requisites for developing corporate vision.
- Fostering a CTO community. Alexander, Steve // InfoWorld;2/18/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p62
Deals with the growth in chief technology officer (CTO) mentoring in the United States. Goal of Jon Williams as a mentor and member of the New York City CTO Club; Reasons behind the growth of CTO mentoring; Scope of mentoring at the Chicago CTO Roundtable; Ways in which CTO mentors can help...
- Professional coaching is a win for local businesses. Rentschler, Meg // Fort Worth Business Press;9/20/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p35
The author explains how business coaching could help companies to stay profitable and professionals to improve their skills.
- Hiring an Executive Coach. Rishkofski, Len // Business NH Magazine;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p31
Explores the role of executive coaches and mentors in guiding executives concerning their careers. Reasons for hiring executive coaches; Aspects of executive coaching; Improvement of employee retention and performance.