What you thought
- Stress and Drug Abuse. // Scholastic Choices;Feb/Mar2007, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p28
The article presents information regarding myths and researches on stress due to drug abuse.
- NEWS BAROMETER. // Personnel Today;11/16/2004, p3
The article presents information on a public opinion poll related to staff stress levels. The poll was conducted by the periodical "Personnel Today." According to the findings 89% employers replied that they do not measure the staff stress levels.
- 60 Percent of Workers Support Drug Testing. // Society;May/Jun90, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p3
This article presents the results of a poll of U.S. workers on their view of mandatory drug testing programs at work. Fifty-one percent of the 1,007 employees surveyed said that companies should have the right to test an employee at random. Support rose to 70 percent for testing employees...
- Gumming up the works. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Dec97, Vol. 92 Issue 12, p116
Argues on the drug and alcohol abuse in the vehicle-maintenance personnel rank of the trucking industry. Brief information provided from the National Household Survey on Drug Abuse; Author's suggestions on managing the problem.
- How can hospitality address staff drug problems? // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/28/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4516, p20
The article presents opinion from executives on how the British hospitality industry address staff drug and alcohol problems. Norman Springford of Apex Hotels stresses the need for employers to offer support to the staff rather than condemnation. Ben Willmott of Chartered Institute of Personnel...
- Intense cocaine self-administration after episodic social defeat stress, but not after aggressive behavior: dissociation from corticosterone activation. Covington III, Herbert E.; Miczek, Klaus A. // Psychopharmacology;Dec2005, Vol. 183 Issue 3, p331
Deals with a study which investigated whether rats that are intermittently subjected to defeat stress become more sensitized to cocaine taking relative to rats that engage in aggressive bouts. Assessment of behavioral sensitization; Effects of intermittent offensive aggression or subordination...
- How does stress increase risk of drug abuse and relapse? Sinha, Rajita // Psychopharmacology;2001, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p343
Rationale: The notion that stress leads to drug abuse in vulnerable individuals and relapse in addicts is not new. Most major theories of addiction postulate that stress plays an important role in increasing drug use and relapse. Several animal studies and some human laboratory studies have...
- Stress on the Road. // Management Review;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p10
Lists the symptoms of the stress of traveling, according to a survey by the National Headache Foundation.
- VOTED & QUOTED. // Advertising Age;4/14/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 15, p22
This section offers opinions over U.S. campaigns that have linked drugs to terrorism. Seventy-one percent of people surveyed said that it was a mistake for the government to end its run of anti-drug spots linking illegal drugs to terrorism. The remaining 29 percent thought the White House Office...