Robert Reich resigns as Labor Secretary
- On the Cover. // Labor Law Journal;Apr97, Vol. 48 Issue 4, preceding p168
The article presents information on various political developments related to the U.S. On July 1, 1994, the U.S. Senate confirmed U.S. President Bill Clinton's nomination of Cynthia A. Metzler to serve as Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management at the U.S. Department of Labor, and...
- 2 attorneys at top of list to be pension regulator. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;2/19/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p1
Reports the competition of attorneys James Raborn and Ann Combs for the position as assistant labor secretary of the United States Department of Labor. Qualifications of the two lawyer-contenders; Experiences of the attorneys; Expectations as prospective appointee.
- Ergonomics Foe Wins Close Vote. Nash, James L. // Occupational Hazards;Dec2001, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p16
Reports the Senate approval of the nomination of Eugene Scalia as the top lawyer for the United States Department of Labor (DOL). Rejection of the ergonomics rule of Scalia by the Congress; Occurrence of labor opposition to Scalia; Responsibilities of Scalia in DOL.
- Rank and File: News of Work and Working People. // Labor Law Journal;Mar72, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p187
Presents news briefs related to labor in the United States as of March 1972. Appointment of John Ekeberg as regional director of the Department of Labor; Schedule of conference of the Columbus Chapter of the Federal Bar Association Labor Law Institute; Appointment of Katherine Many as associate...
- Department of Labor. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p423
A list of officials in the U.S. Department of Labor is presented, which include Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao, Deputy Secretary Howard M. Radzely, and Solicitor Jonathan L. Snare.
- A very tempting target. Breslau, Karen; Hosenball, Mark // Newsweek;3/3/1997, Vol. 129 Issue 9, p53
Profiles Alexis Herman, President Bill Clinton's nominee for Labor Department secretary. Her loyalty to former Commerce Secretary Ron Brown; Her involvement with the Democratic Party; Her political beliefs; A building project scandal in which she is allegedly involved.
- Senate confirms Lauriski to head MSHA. // Pit & Quarry;Jun2001, Vol. 93 Issue 13, p32
Focuses on the confirmation of the United States Senate of some of the nominees of President George W. Bush to Department of Labor positions. Confirmation of Dave Lauriski as Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health; Previous jobs and corporate affiliations of Lauriski; Other...
- Official's comments spur 404(c) uproar. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;2/4/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p6
Reports a controversy about the comment of a Labor Department official concerning safe harbor protection under Section 404(c) of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act in the United States. Interpretation of an advisory opinion given to SunAmerica Retirement Markets Inc.; Advantage of a...
- Opponents Used Good Deed to Derail Nomination. Chavez, Linda // Human Events;01/22/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p13
Discusses the decision of Linda Chavez, nominee of United States President-elect George W. Bush as secretary of labor, to withdraw her nomination when critics disclosed her relations with illegal aliens. Actions taken by Chavez to help battered Guatemalan and illegal alien Marta Mercado;...