- USA. // Christian Science Monitor;12/7/98, Vol. 91 Issue 8, p24
Presents United States news briefs for December 7, 1998. The House Judiciary Committee's demand that the White House justify its request for three to four days to defend US President Bill Clinton at impeachment hearings; James P. Hoffa's election as president of the Teamster's Union; Former US...
- Humor for Hoffa. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;3/4/96, Vol. 245 Issue 10, p18
Reports on James P. `Jimmy' Hoffa Jr.'s campaign for election as president of the Teamsters union. Features of campaign; `Humor for Hoffa--A Labor of Laffs'; Sites visited by Hoffa; Comments from Hoffa.
- Untitled. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;9/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 197, p2
Depicts James R. Hoffa declaring his candidacy for the post of President of Teamsters union at Detroit on September 4, 1995.
- Hoffa bests Carey in delegate count, urges members to `remember in November'. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;7/29/96, Vol. 247 Issue 4, p33
Reports that James Hoffa won a 12 percent margin during the 25th Teamsters Union congress in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Participation of 7,000 Teamster members; Slogan of Hoffa for rank and file election on November 1996; Significance of delegate vote. INSET: Overnite facing fights in Memphis,...
- Hoffa blasts UPS pension lobbying. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;12/1/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 48, p24
Reports that Teamsters Union president James P. Hoffa accused United Parcel Service (UPS) of a direct attack on the pension security of UPS Teamsters, characterizing the company's efforts to break away from multiemployer pension plans as a 'money grab' in the U.S. UPS attempts to use its...
- Hoffa runs for teamsters president. // Overdrive;Sep95, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p97
Reports that James Hoffa Jr. is running for president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. Views of Hoffa on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
- Hoffa's labors. Kamp, David // Vanity Fair;Nov96, Issue 435, p188
Reports on James R. Hoffa's efforts to run for general presidency of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, the post held by his late father James P. Hoffa. Reason for coveting the position; Hoffa's recollection about his father.
- Hoffa's son joins Teamsters staff. // Overdrive;Mar94, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p91
Reports that James P. Hoffa has joined the Teamsters staff. Hoffa's career background; Prospects as a Teamsters leader.
- Clinton and Obama aides center-stage in trade fight. Youngman, Susan // Hill;4/9/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p20
The article reports on criticisms made by Teamsters President James Hoffa cagainst a senior economic adviser to presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama in the U.S.