EDItEUR goes global
- Smaller players join the pace. // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb98, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p35
Describes the increased participation among distributors in electronic data interchange (EDI), bar coding and Internet commerce. Comments from Central Industrial Supply Co., Inc. vice president Don Stamper and Good Friend Electrical Supplies, Inc. vice president Rich Bolotsky; Problems in bar...
- EDI for all. // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb98, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on the creating an electronic data interchange (EDI) standard on all commercial and industrial markets for distributors, end users, involved in the standardization of computer systems in the product channel. Implementation of a universal standard based on the EDI Pro standard...
- Data dispatch standard moves forward. O'Toole, Patrick // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug97 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p35
Reports on the possibility of the implementation in North America of the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Standard-Protocol for Automated Communications between Private Security and Public Safety. Benefits of EDI over traditional voice communications; Objective of the program.
- Start-up EDI network seen underdog against national clearing house. Marjanovic, Steven // American Banker;2/8/95, Vol. 160 Issue 26, p17
Reports on the financial electronic data interchange (EDI) system, EDI Bank Alliance Network Exchange (Edibanx). Competition with automated clearinghouse networks; Suitability of clearinghouse services for EDI transactions; Advantages over the clearinghouse format.
- Don't take that Yugo onto the information superhighway. Goetzman, John // Business Credit;Jan1995, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the proliferation of the use of electronic data interchange (EDI) in the United States. Government's EDI programs; Government procurement systems; Establishment of a `virtual network' connecting all agencies and departments in the executive branch of government.
- A manufacturer's view. Goodwin, George // Builders Merchants Journal;Aug96, p24
Opinion. Comments that using electronic data interchange (EDI) is not going to change the world. Limitation of advantage to the user; Key to unlocking benefits of EDI.
- A merchant's view. Perkins, Travis // Builders Merchants Journal;Aug96, p24
Opinion. Comments that people using electronic data interchange should not do everything overnight. Advantages of electronic trading.
- Organizing for EDI. McLure, Marcia L.; Moynihan, James J. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan95, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p90
Focuses on electronic data interchange (EDI) implementation. Development of EDI organizational strategy; EDI mission statement; Appointment of an EDI team.
- Achieving critical mass. Moynihan, James J. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb95, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p78
Examines why healthcare organizations utilizing electronic data interchanges (EDI) fail to achieve the critical mass required for them to enjoy the benefits of smaller staff and paperless processing. Use of EDI for claims processing as dictated by the Healthcare Financing Administration under...
- Protecting organizations from electronic-transaction fraud. Sagner, James S. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb95, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p80
Stresses the importance of preventing electronic transaction frauds within healthcare organizations through proper precautions. Safety measures for the use of automatic clearinghouse (ACH) transfers and electronic data interchange (EDI) transactions; Security administrators to manage user...