Reliability of gait measurements in people with osteoarthritis of the knee
- Osteoarthritis: How to diagnose and treat the painful joint. Harris, Charlotte // Geriatrics;Aug93, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p39
Provides insights on osteoarthritis (OA), a common form of arthritis in older patients. Commonly affected joints; Primary and secondary causes; Workup of the patient with suspected OA; Treatment. INSET: Living well with osteoarthritis (Tips)..
- The new thinking on osteoarthritis. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond; Clough, John D. // Patient Care;9/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p110
Discusses various aspects of osteoarthritis (OA). Factors affecting workup of a patient; Signs and symptoms; Characteristics of early and late stage osteoarthritis; Comparison of characteristics and symptoms of OA and rheumatoid arthritis; Differential diagnosis; Nonpharmacologic approaches;...
- Overweight women with high bone mineral density may face increased arthritis risk. // Nation's Health;Mar96, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the results of a study which found that young and middle-aged overweight women with high bone density have an increased risk of developing osteoarthritis during mid-life. Collection of data on women from 20 to 40 years old.
- Stop arthritis now! Delaney, Lisa; McVeigh, Gloria // Prevention;Jan94, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p60
Offers simple strategies to protect your joints from the painful, crippling disease called osteoarthritis (OA). OA as the most common type of arthritis; Cause; The benefit of not being overweight; Exercise; Preventing the injuries that put you at risk for OA; A preseason resistance-training...
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Summer92, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p71
Presents an abstract of the study `Osteoarthritis of the Knee: Effects on Gait, Strength, and Flexibility,' by S.P. Messier, R.F. Loeser et al and reprinted from the 1992 issue of the `Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.'
- Osteoarthritis: Don't learn to live with it. Gormley, James J. // Better Nutrition;Sep98, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on dietary approaches to treating osteoarthritis. Information on Norma F. Childers' book `Arthritis: Don't Learn To Live With It'; Results of a study conducted on glucosamine sulfate; How to prepare the Anti-Flammatory Daiquiri. INSETS: 25 supplements to `take on' arthritis;4 ways...
- OA: A common cause of disability. // Arthritis Today;May/Jun92, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the study by the Boston University in Massachusetts which shows that osteoarthritis can be just as disabling as any cardiovascular disease except stroke. Framingham Heart Study as the basis of the study; Physical therapist Andrew Guccione as the head of the study.
- Osteoarthritis: Old scourge, new hope. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jan96, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p3
Takes a look at osteoarthritis. Effect of exercise; The exercise revolution; Safer, cheaper relief; Hope of a cure. INSET: Summing up..
- Adjuvant therapy in osteoarthritis. Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;4/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p1681
Presents a summary of the article `Adjuvant therapy in osteoarthritis,' from The Practitioner journal dated December 1997, pertaining to modern management of osteoarthritis.
- Pharmacists role in osteoarthritis. Davis, W. Marvin // Drug Topics;8/18/97, Vol. 141 Issue 16, p94
Presents information on osteoarthritis. How many Americans suffer from osteoarthritis; Information on the diagnose of osteoarthritis; Details on ways to control osteoarthritis. What pharmacy services are offer to osteoarthritis patients. INSET: Objectives..