Reliability of gait measurements in people with osteoarthritis of the knee
- Treating wear and tear of joints. // USA Today Magazine;Feb96, Vol. 124 Issue 2609, p7
Presents guidelines for the medical management of osteoarthritis of the hip and knee from the American College of Rheumatology. Prevalence of the disease; Risk factors; Designing of personalized exercise programs.
- Osteoarthritis: How to diagnose and treat the painful joint. Harris, Charlotte // Geriatrics;Aug93, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p39
Provides insights on osteoarthritis (OA), a common form of arthritis in older patients. Commonly affected joints; Primary and secondary causes; Workup of the patient with suspected OA; Treatment. INSET: Living well with osteoarthritis (Tips)..
- The new thinking on osteoarthritis. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond; Clough, John D. // Patient Care;9/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p110
Discusses various aspects of osteoarthritis (OA). Factors affecting workup of a patient; Signs and symptoms; Characteristics of early and late stage osteoarthritis; Comparison of characteristics and symptoms of OA and rheumatoid arthritis; Differential diagnosis; Nonpharmacologic approaches;...
- Overweight women with high bone mineral density may face increased arthritis risk. // Nation's Health;Mar96, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the results of a study which found that young and middle-aged overweight women with high bone density have an increased risk of developing osteoarthritis during mid-life. Collection of data on women from 20 to 40 years old.
- Stop arthritis now! Delaney, Lisa; McVeigh, Gloria // Prevention;Jan94, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p60
Offers simple strategies to protect your joints from the painful, crippling disease called osteoarthritis (OA). OA as the most common type of arthritis; Cause; The benefit of not being overweight; Exercise; Preventing the injuries that put you at risk for OA; A preseason resistance-training...
- Osteoarthritis in finger joint raises risk of CVD. // Pulse;1/20/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p11
Examines the health risks of having osteoarthritis in fingers in Finland. Result of a major study conducted by researchers; Prevalence of osteoarthritis; Risk factors of the disease.
- Monarticular arthritis leads to osteoarthritis. P.G.O'C. // Cortlandt Forum;01/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p74
Comments on a physician's claim that he had seen a number of cases of monarticular arthritis which have turned out to be early presentations of osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis as a polyarticular disease.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Summer92, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p71
Presents an abstract of the study `Osteoarthritis of the Knee: Effects on Gait, Strength, and Flexibility,' by S.P. Messier, R.F. Loeser et al and reprinted from the 1992 issue of the `Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.'
- Osteoarthritis: Don't learn to live with it. Gormley, James J. // Better Nutrition;Sep98, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on dietary approaches to treating osteoarthritis. Information on Norma F. Childers' book `Arthritis: Don't Learn To Live With It'; Results of a study conducted on glucosamine sulfate; How to prepare the Anti-Flammatory Daiquiri. INSETS: 25 supplements to `take on' arthritis;4 ways...