Reliability of gait measurements in people with osteoarthritis of the knee
- Treating wear and tear of joints. // USA Today Magazine;Feb96, Vol. 124 Issue 2609, p7
Presents guidelines for the medical management of osteoarthritis of the hip and knee from the American College of Rheumatology. Prevalence of the disease; Risk factors; Designing of personalized exercise programs.
- Osteoarthritis: How to diagnose and treat the painful joint. Harris, Charlotte // Geriatrics;Aug93, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p39
Provides insights on osteoarthritis (OA), a common form of arthritis in older patients. Commonly affected joints; Primary and secondary causes; Workup of the patient with suspected OA; Treatment. INSET: Living well with osteoarthritis (Tips)..
- The new thinking on osteoarthritis. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond; Clough, John D. // Patient Care;9/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p110
Discusses various aspects of osteoarthritis (OA). Factors affecting workup of a patient; Signs and symptoms; Characteristics of early and late stage osteoarthritis; Comparison of characteristics and symptoms of OA and rheumatoid arthritis; Differential diagnosis; Nonpharmacologic approaches;...
- Overweight women with high bone mineral density may face increased arthritis risk. // Nation's Health;Mar96, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the results of a study which found that young and middle-aged overweight women with high bone density have an increased risk of developing osteoarthritis during mid-life. Collection of data on women from 20 to 40 years old.
- Stop arthritis now! Delaney, Lisa; McVeigh, Gloria // Prevention;Jan94, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p60
Offers simple strategies to protect your joints from the painful, crippling disease called osteoarthritis (OA). OA as the most common type of arthritis; Cause; The benefit of not being overweight; Exercise; Preventing the injuries that put you at risk for OA; A preseason resistance-training...
- Osteoarthritis in finger joint raises risk of CVD. // Pulse;1/20/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p11
Examines the health risks of having osteoarthritis in fingers in Finland. Result of a major study conducted by researchers; Prevalence of osteoarthritis; Risk factors of the disease.
- Monarticular arthritis leads to osteoarthritis. P.G.O'C. // Cortlandt Forum;01/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p74
Comments on a physician's claim that he had seen a number of cases of monarticular arthritis which have turned out to be early presentations of osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis as a polyarticular disease.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Summer92, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p71
Presents an abstract of the study `Osteoarthritis of the Knee: Effects on Gait, Strength, and Flexibility,' by S.P. Messier, R.F. Loeser et al and reprinted from the 1992 issue of the `Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.'
- Osteoarthritis: Don't learn to live with it. Gormley, James J. // Better Nutrition;Sep98, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on dietary approaches to treating osteoarthritis. Information on Norma F. Childers' book `Arthritis: Don't Learn To Live With It'; Results of a study conducted on glucosamine sulfate; How to prepare the Anti-Flammatory Daiquiri. INSETS: 25 supplements to `take on' arthritis;4 ways...
- OA: A common cause of disability. // Arthritis Today;May/Jun92, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the study by the Boston University in Massachusetts which shows that osteoarthritis can be just as disabling as any cardiovascular disease except stroke. Framingham Heart Study as the basis of the study; Physical therapist Andrew Guccione as the head of the study.