Reliability of gait measurements in people with osteoarthritis of the knee
- Adjuvant therapy in osteoarthritis. Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;04/01/98, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p1681
Presents a summary of the article `Adjuvant therapy in osteoarthritis,' from The Practitioner journal dated December 1997, pertaining to modern management of osteoarthritis.
- Treating wear and tear of joints. // USA Today Magazine;Feb96, Vol. 124 Issue 2609, p7
Presents guidelines for the medical management of osteoarthritis of the hip and knee from the American College of Rheumatology. Prevalence of the disease; Risk factors; Designing of personalized exercise programs.
- Osteoarthritis: How to diagnose and treat the painful joint. Harris, Charlotte // Geriatrics;Aug93, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p39
Provides insights on osteoarthritis (OA), a common form of arthritis in older patients. Commonly affected joints; Primary and secondary causes; Workup of the patient with suspected OA; Treatment. INSET: Living well with osteoarthritis (Tips)..
- The new thinking on osteoarthritis. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond; Clough, John D. // Patient Care;9/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p110
Discusses various aspects of osteoarthritis (OA). Factors affecting workup of a patient; Signs and symptoms; Characteristics of early and late stage osteoarthritis; Comparison of characteristics and symptoms of OA and rheumatoid arthritis; Differential diagnosis; Nonpharmacologic approaches;...
- Overweight women with high bone mineral density may face increased arthritis risk. // Nation's Health;Mar96, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the results of a study which found that young and middle-aged overweight women with high bone density have an increased risk of developing osteoarthritis during mid-life. Collection of data on women from 20 to 40 years old.
- Stop arthritis now! Delaney, Lisa; McVeigh, Gloria // Prevention;Jan94, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p60
Offers simple strategies to protect your joints from the painful, crippling disease called osteoarthritis (OA). OA as the most common type of arthritis; Cause; The benefit of not being overweight; Exercise; Preventing the injuries that put you at risk for OA; A preseason resistance-training...
- Osteoarthritis in finger joint raises risk of CVD. // Pulse;1/20/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p11
Examines the health risks of having osteoarthritis in fingers in Finland. Result of a major study conducted by researchers; Prevalence of osteoarthritis; Risk factors of the disease.
- Monarticular arthritis leads to osteoarthritis. P.G.O'C. // Cortlandt Forum;01/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p74
Comments on a physician's claim that he had seen a number of cases of monarticular arthritis which have turned out to be early presentations of osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis as a polyarticular disease.
- Osteoarthritis: Numerical scoring systems track its progress as accurately as x-rays. // Modern Medicine;May96, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p50
Presents an abstract of the article `Numerical scoring systems for the anatomic evolution of osteoarthritis of the finger joints,' by G. Verbruggen and E.M. Veys, published in `Arthritis Rheumatology' journal in February 1996.
- Dimensions of osteoarthritis self-management. Prior, Kirsty N.; Bond, Malcolm J. // Clinical Rheumatology;Jun2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p206
Our aims were to determine whether a taxonomy of self-management strategies for osteoarthritis could be identified, and whether the resultant dimensions of such a taxonomy demonstrate predictable relationships with health status indices. Participants (n = 117) from community-based self-help...